“Absolutely Horrendous treatment of customer” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Grosvenor Victoria Casino London

The Grosvenor Victoria Casino London
Ranked #571 of 1,570 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Grosvenor Casino The Victoria (affectionately known as 'The Vic') sits in the heart of London, on the Edgware Road and is one of the largest, longest established casinos in the UK. The Vic offers the ultimate leisure experience with an excellent restaurant, 2 bars, casino gaming and Poker room. Our busy gaming floor offers the ultimate gaming experience with numerous gaming tables, slot machines and electronic gaming to suit every taste. We're open 24 hours a day 7 days a week and are within walking distance of Marble Arch and Edgware Road stations.
Margate, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Absolutely Horrendous treatment of customer”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Have been a member of G casinos for over five years. Never been treated so badly. All other casinos Luton, Brighton etc are good. This one is a dive!

Car park attendant is rude and refused to park my car as my friend had shorts on. We were going to find him trousers when I parked, which I told the attendant. He eventually parked it in his own time.

He deliberately took ages to find it afterwards, parking other people's cars first and making us wait for around 15 minutes.

One receptionist accused my friend of lying when we said we went to find trousers but they were too expensive.

More issues to complain about but cannot be bothered

Avoid this dive!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank jennifer s
Vicki P, Public Relations Manager at The Grosvenor Victoria Casino London, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Jennifer S,
Firstly thank-you for taking the time to review our casino. We are very upset by what you have experienced on your first visit with us.
I would like to apologise for the customer service you experienced. One of the things that we strive to provide is good customer service and you have been badly let down on this occasion.
Would it be possible for you to email me on vic.marketing@rank.com with your best contact details as i would like to discuss this further with you in more detail.

London, United Kingdom
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“Good time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Easy to get too, easy parking, good snacks and drinks. Good atmosphere, pleasant staff even though most have strong Eastern European accents. At times staffs English not very good and not clear. But pleasant enough. Dress code as any other casino latterly terrible, mostly scruffy, lots in jeans and trainers, so not a place to dress up for. Even the staff could do with a brush up a good brush up.
Games normal casino games as always the casino wins. A pleasant none dressy night out.

Visited September 2013
Vicki P, Public Relations Manager at The Grosvenor Victoria Casino London, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Catspoets

Thank-you for reviewing our casino, we love to hear feedback from our customers. We appreciate the lovely feedback you have given and also take into consideration the negatives, dress code wise things have drastically changed over the years, to accommodate what customers are used to elsewhere. We hope you enjoyed the other aspects of the casino and
we hope to see you again soon

Montreal, Canada
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Best of the worst”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Let me start this review by stating that if you are a true gambler, London is a wasteland of throwback, overly-quaint, overly-precious casinos that insist on clinging to outdated and tired paradigms. The rules of the various games are slanted so heavily in the favour of the house that any true gambler should avoid them entirely, or just look at gambling in the UK as a lark, and never a true gambling expedition. I suppose for UK residents that haven't had the opportunity to play in Nevada, New Jersey, or Macau, this is acceptable, but for true gamblers, the UK is amateur hour. I sat in disbelief as a blackjack dealer encouraged a punter to split 10's, double on 8, split 5's, and so on. I joked to the supervisor that I hoped they sent a car to collect punters like him, which was met with a confused "what do you mean" sort of response.
Dice or craps tables are hard to come by, but the Grosvenor is one of the few to have a legitimate table. However, single odds only, and the dearth of punters makes it a bit depressing to play alone. One good thing is that for Roulette buffs, single 0 is the norm, so at least on that front they're doing allright. I didn't have time for poker, and don't eat in casinos as a rule, so can't comment on those. Location is good though, central on Edgeware road, and easy to get to.

Visited July 2014
Jedwardraza,

Thank-you for taking the time to review our casino, we really appreciate customers views.
It is good to see that you have experienced lots of different casinos all over the world and i can imagine it differs from country to country.
We strive to make sure that our casino is available to all levels of players and also customers that come to socialise.
We hope to see you again when you are next in the UK and would love you to try out our restaurant next time.

Rochford, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“My personal pick of London poker rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I'm a poker player, so that is naturally what I went there for. When I first went there (June 2013), signing up was mandatory, but took less than 2 minutes with an offer of being shown around (which I declined). When I got to the poker room, was shown how to use the computerized waiting list (which is brilliant) by one of the staff in a satisfactory, if somewhat disinterested, manner. After getting on the £1/£1 waiting list, got chipped up from the cashier no problem. Took sub 10 minutes for a seat for me to open. When I asked the same member of staff which table was the one I was called to however, see just vaguely pointed in the direction of it (didn't notice the table numbers on the ceiling at the time.

Despite those couple minor niggles, the overall quality of the vic is excellent, and have been several times since.

If your going to play poker in London, you'd have the easiest time finding a game here, especially if your looking for stakes above £1/£2, some PLO or Dealers choice or games round the clock. Their Twitter feed can also come in handy if you want to know what games you can currently get there as they update it frequently during the day.

Overall, you can't get much better than the Vic's poker room.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Paul C
Vicki P, Public Relations Manager at The Grosvenor Victoria Casino London, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Paul C

Thank-you for taking the time to give us your feedback. All comments are important to us and we are pleased that you enjoyed your visits with us, sorry for the couple of unsatisfactory factors you came across in The Poker Room, we do strive to give the best customer service and are sorry it affected your visit.
We look forward to seeing you in The Poker Room again in the near future.

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Worst Casino in London”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Don't go! Just don't. My husbend Waited an hour for the poker table (commition is very high). I played the slot machines and lost a lot and the games were really boring and quite old fashioned. In addition, staff was extremely rude! Just do yourself a favoure and stay away!

Visited May 2014
4 Thank Das_1984
Vicki P, Public Relations Manager at The Grosvenor Victoria Casino London, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Das_1984
Thank-you for taking the time to review The Victoria Casino and The Poker room. We value all our customers opinions when they visit us and we are glad that you have flagged these problems with us.
I can only apologise for the bad experience that you had when you visited us. Would it be possible for you to contact me so we can talk through what happened on the day/night you visited us.
My direct line is 020 7298 2432 or if you would prefer to email me on vic.marketing@rank.com.
I look forward to discussing this with you.
Kind Regards Vicki Parker