“Nice venue, good cocktails, unfriendly bar men”

Simmons Bar | Kings Cross
Ranked #130 of 1,286 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Located 1 minute-walk from Kings Cross Station, Simmons is a late night cocktail bar offering you the perfect place for after work drinks, a cheeky dance or a private party! Featuring an extensive cocktail list and incredibly affordable happy hour prices this is not one to miss!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Watford, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Nice venue, good cocktails, unfriendly bar men”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I visited the basement of this bar, it was reserved by a friend for her party. The cocktails were good, I particularly liked the happy hour deal which was 6pm-9pm. The decor is good too. I did however find the two male bar tenders we had serving us all night incredibly unfriendly and at times rude, which put a bit of a downer on the night. They seemed like they really didn't want to be there.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Ms P

London, United Kingdom
“Cosy old school themed bar”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Went there to my friends birthday party. Great old school themed bar on 2 floors. They also got their own DJ's on Saturday night, music was great and place was crowded.

Visited January 2014
bristol
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“fab cocktails”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

small quirky bar with mis matched everything
fantastic cocktails served in tea cups which i intially didnt like but they grew on me part of this eccentric atmosphere they also serve teapots of cocktails at £15
definitely will be returning

Visited January 2014
Kent, England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The perfect venue”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I arranged a surprise Birthday party for one of my closest friends. I was looking for a cocktail bar near St Pancras. Simmons ticks all of the boxes. Delicious cocktails, a few minutes walk from the station, quirky bar, and great music. Everyone had an amazing time. The staff were extremely helpful, and also reserved a table for us. I would definitely recommend, and hope to visit again soon.

Visited December 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fab, intimate venue, great music”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I came across this bar on a website recommending quirky places to go out in London, I love pubs, bars and smaller venues over big clubs. This bar was small, dimly lit with a quirky vibe and decor, it was more edgy than glam but right up my street. the bar staff were well dressed, casual and relaxed attitudes, no airs and graces, I enjoy a bar where the staff are approachable. The music was very good and I asked for a song which they kindly played, the coasters which not lots of bars will play, so me and my sister were happy! The drink was reasonable priced, the cocktails we're serve in jugs which was very cool and the tables are old desks. I definitely recommend it as somewhere to make a effort to go, I plan on a return visit as I had lots of fun.

Visited October 2013