“What a total rip off - the food is overpriced with tiny portions & no service!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Grove

The Grove
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grove is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,646 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A relaxed gastropub, with a large dining area and garden. Meals are made to order from the fresh and seasonal menu, with an impressive selection of wines and ales available.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The place looked great inside, cosy with decorated walls but I wish I had lunch elsewhere. The restaurant was less than half full but no-one was there to seat us or give us menus. We sat ourselves and waited 10mins - still no-one around! We walked up to the blackboard menu located above the kitchen service area, thinking it must be self serve and was angrily told to wait at our table for a waitress. Almost 10mins after that a waitress arrived asking for our order, even though we had no menus! This isn't bad service, it's NO service. Our food was ok but certainly not worth the price we paid. (see food pics) My partner's pork chop was over-cooked, dry and very fatty. My cauliflower & roquefort quiche was actually a pie but I don't think the chef knows the difference. The size of the piece of quiche I received was barely the size of my palm - the rest was a leaf salad with oil for dressing and 3 baby potatoes which were clearly reheated after they had already been heated before (you could tell in the taste). My plate was overgrown with the salad and frankly it's an insult to charge £12.50 for a plate of salad leaves and oil!!! They seriously need to work on their food and service issues but I will never be back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank BarbieMegaTraveller

London, United Kingdom
“Great food in a pub setting”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

A bit on the pricier side but perfect for a special Sunday treat. There is also a Bar menu that's a bit cheaper but I haven't tried that. More of a gastro pub, a great atmosphere with top qulity food.
The Risotto and Ravioli are great.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank SabinaTravel
“Re-visited”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Returned with family on a Sunday night as my first experience so good. Very disappointing, service absent / slow, I was left without my ordered wine until staff reminded. Food well below previous standard, unmemorable starters, average steak, tasteless lamb with miserable veg, salmon 'not as nice as you make mum' , husbands venison pie returned twice as no meat, so he then gave up!
Didn't bother with puddings or coffee.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Julia M
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent New Year's Day lunch”
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed our lunch here on New Year's Day. We were a large table and the food was really good. I'd recommend the pies. The interior is nicely decorated as well.

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Old Girls pre-Christmas get together”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

There was a very large party here for their Christmas 'do', so very noisy and a very busy bar area.
Despite this, the service for our party of 7 was excellent, as was the food, definitely somewhere I will be coming back to with husband and (older) children. Knocks spots off other places to eat in Ealing. Bonus was the bring your own wine with pre-booked table on Monday / Tuesday.

• Visited December 2013