“Best pub and food in Ealing!!”
Review of The Grove

The Grove
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grove is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,142 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A relaxed gastropub, with a large dining area and garden. Meals are made to order from the fresh and seasonal menu, with an impressive selection of wines and ales available.
London, United Kingdom
“Best pub and food in Ealing!!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

By far the best pub and food in Ealing!! Friendly and attentive staff providing excellent service... Will be returning again and again!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank BrentRh

“Very Good Value”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Took lunch in the Grove on a Sunday day. With friends and sat outside to eat and drink. Ordered food which came promptly. I had Eggs Florentine and my friends also took off the menu. The quality was excellent and the service first class. Sitting outside was a pleasant experience. The staff polite friendly and attentive. It was a great eating experience at a relatively low cost. 4 of us ate with a bottle of wine and additional glasses of wine with soft drinks for £63.00. That included 12% Service Charge! Regret they feel it necessary to add this to the bill. i appreciate we can have it taken off. I would rather leave a tip for the individual server. Only thing that stop me giving them an excellent rating

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Oldbags186338
London, United Kingdom
“Great place shame they tried to give me food poisoning”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Great pub, nice beer, nice food we were regulars here and then we went in the other weekend and I ordered sausages and mash. They came pink (raw) in the center and I took them back to the bar and was informed it's ok for them to be pink in the center. No apologies and very bad attitude. Sorry these people have broken a major food rule and don't care. I'm totally shocked and disgusted !!!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Tim_UK_London
London, United Kingdom
“Great pub, terrible restaurant”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The Grove is one of our local pubs, and as a pub we love it! This was the first time we had tried the restaurant and will be the last.

The service was near enough non existent, and when it did make an appearance I wish it hadn't. Slow, miserable, and unhelpful staff during the entire meal. It was nearly impossible to get the attention of any of the staff which lead to us having to go looking for what we needed.

When we finally got some food it was as expected...average pub food, but at a high price.

At the end of the meal when we paid the bill (I wish we hadn't), I spoke to the manager and said the service was shocking, he reply... 'Okay, thanks', when pushed further as to why he said it was 'short staff, but's that's just an excuse' Not once did he say sorry or look remotely concerned at the the issue.

It has ruined what was a great local pub for us, which we will not not be going to any more after this terrible experience in the restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Tulldog
Sydney, Australia
“What a total rip off - the food is overpriced with tiny portions & no service!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The place looked great inside, cosy with decorated walls but I wish I had lunch elsewhere. The restaurant was less than half full but no-one was there to seat us or give us menus. We sat ourselves and waited 10mins - still no-one around! We walked up to the blackboard menu located above the kitchen service area, thinking it must be self serve and was angrily told to wait at our table for a waitress. Almost 10mins after that a waitress arrived asking for our order, even though we had no menus! This isn't bad service, it's NO service. Our food was ok but certainly not worth the price we paid. (see food pics) My partner's pork chop was over-cooked, dry and very fatty. My cauliflower & roquefort quiche was actually a pie but I don't think the chef knows the difference. The size of the piece of quiche I received was barely the size of my palm - the rest was a leaf salad with oil for dressing and 3 baby potatoes which were clearly reheated after they had already been heated before (you could tell in the taste). My plate was overgrown with the salad and frankly it's an insult to charge £12.50 for a plate of salad leaves and oil!!! They seriously need to work on their food and service issues but I will never be back.

• Visited April 2014