“Bad food and customer service”
Review of The Grove

The Grove
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grove is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,890 of 22,834 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A relaxed gastropub, with a large dining area and garden. Meals are made to order from the fresh and seasonal menu, with an impressive selection of wines and ales available.
London, United Kingdom
“Bad food and customer service”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The Grove use to be one of my favourite pubs in Ealing
Had good food and great service
For the last few months has changed completely and the managers are arrogant and behaving not caring of the customers view
I ordered a starter King Scallops and chorizo
My friend ordered the salmon with a brioche
My starter was served and it looked like a joke
3 small scallops and two pieces of chorizo with a bit of pure
A joke
for almost £8.00
I complained to one of the staff. He was really polite and helpful. But it was the management site to decide what is wrong with my dish. Apparently that is how the serve it and that is that
No restaurant r a pub will never serve a dish with scallops that are not king scallops and with 2 pieces of chorizo
A joke
My friends brioche wasn't a brioche. It was just two pieces of sliced bread
and on top of that the scallops needed more cooking
I am complaining from the management and the kitchen
The staff are always polite

My opinion don't go there
It was good
Not any more
And the management doesn't care for the standards

• Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
slough
“The best meal I've had out in months”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The food here is lovely. It was the best meal out I had in many months. Full of flavour, well cooked and beautifully presented! Limited choice for veggies but who cares when it's this good.

The bar is big and bustling and full of nooks and crannies. It world be great in winter, while they have a beer garden out back for summer time.

Staff are great too.

• Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The grass is greener at The Grove.”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Recommended by a seemingly knowledgeable local, I stumbled across this excellent gastro pub which smoothly combines beautiful cuisine and and a comfortable, relaxed place to enjoy drinks with friends after work and on into the evening. The delightfully lit dining area provides a welcoming platform for the well-balanced and flavoursome menu delivered with a enthusiasm and smiles by the excellent Grove staff. I was able to enjoy a superb Pinot Noir after dinner taking in the views of the beautiful green and the modest hustle and bustle of London's periphery.
This really is a pub and restaurant on the up, excellently run and reassuringly welcoming. A true home from home in the big smoke. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Alistair C
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent - will return”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We went here for the first time this Sunday for lunch. We went with my parents including my particularly awkward father. We left with the general consensus being that it was one of the best pub meals we had eaten. The roast lamb was fantastic. The roast beef was very rare as requested. My father even commented that it was the first time in 30 years he had managed to get rear roast beef. I guess that's why it's called rare. My mother was impressed with her dover sole. My 2 year old had a huge portion of roast chicken.
The service was very pleasant and welcoming.
My only negative was that the menu advertised sardines but there was only one on the plate. At least it was something for my father to get his standard complaint in.
I am looking forward to returning.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank phil71
Leicester, United Kingdom
“What a good decision to have lunch at the Grove.”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We were in London and made a spur of the moment decision to have lunch at the Grove having previously had this restaurant recommended to us. The garden area provided a lovely setting, we really enjoyed the food and the service was very friendly and professional. We will definitely be back.

• Visited April 2014