“Just stocking”

Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
“Just stocking”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Me and my friends go shisha a lot andbecause of the nice layout we like basrah. However the service is disgusting. They force you to pay fast As if we were going to run away without paying. Also the way they communicate with customers is as if they are superior. It's such a shame they have employed or managed buy such rude people. I have not gone back since Then i will not.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Ameera T

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrific!!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This place is absolutely horrendous. The waiters are So rude, pushy and forceful. You must pay before you receive your sheesha and food. The food is cold and disgusting. They add £2 on your sheesha for the service (what service??) and the sheesha is not even nice! Awful awful awful!! Waste of my Saturday night!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Kay191
“Absolutely terrible!!!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Myself and my mrs have been coming here for the past month, at first we were very impressed with the decor and atmosphere however tonight changed everything...

We sat in a one corner of the lounge and as I do, I placed my arm around my mrs. We also held hands and I must of kissed her on the cheek around 2-3 times.

After spending around 2 hours there a security guard came over stating that the manager had warned us not to "cuddle" as it was disrespect to "there people". I infact thought this was a joke and started laughing; this is when the security guard leaned down to our eye level and told us he was being serious and that I could not keep my arm around my mrs as he would have to kick us out. We both felt as though we were being told off like little children. We packed our things and left immediately.

As we walked out of the lounge we bumped into the security guard and he said he understood why we left and that this is a "Arabic environment" and so there cannot be any kissing, holding hands etc.

If this is the case I feel extremely offended. So we cannot hold hands because we will offend other customers or is it that we are offending "Arabic's"?

I don't really understand this as all the times I have been there I have seen women dressed with low cut tops, in fact when we were there, there was a programme on tv which showed a couple making love. They always have hip hop artist on there playlist who's lyrics might offend others?

I am so shocked. We live in a multi-cultural society where we should respect others. All I did was put my arm around my long term girlfriend and I was told off.

I would never visit this place again. If I was a reviewer and saw this message I would think twice about going even if your not going with your partner. Imposing rules on how you should act in public is just wrong.

A message for Basrah Lounge. Do not open a business if your will not accept others actions. You are opening your service for the public. And if you do not agree then stick to your word and DO NOT play certain types of music. DO NOT show certain types of programmes and DO NOT allow women in with certain types of clothing on.

• Visited May 2014
10 Thank t192
“Relaxing atmosphere.”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Nice place, good management. Good choice of snakes and soft drinks. Spacious. The serve shisha of most flavours. Away from the crowded central London.

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Shockingly Awful Customer Service”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Ha Ha - I am not surprised to see numerous other reviews stating how awful the customer service is, as it really is terrible. I went here with a group of my friends and ordered 1 shisha, a dessert and tap waters. Firstly we asked if we could mix shisha flavours and the extremely rude waiter said "No we do not mix" in a rude manor,although we had said we had been before and mixed he again said no so we settled for 1 flavour. Our total bill should have been £20 and we paid £25 so needed £5 change. We said we did not want to pay service charge as this is OPTIONAL and to be honest, they didn't deserve it as the waiter was rude, paid no interest in us and really did not know how to speak to customers. He said you have to pay service charge which we all know is rubbish, you do not. Anyway to cut a long story short he brought back the wrong change, we complained he then brought over the "manager" who then said we have to pay it, and we were also charged 50p per TAP WATER. What a joke. Firstly who charges for tap water and secondly were we informed of this? No. It stated nowhere tap water is chargeable. I'll also add they brought over the wrong shisha flavour for us. Again after more discussion we were told to go to the actual manager who for some reason wont come over to his own customers. He tried to make up some rubbish about how if you are charged before you are served the shisha etc., you have to pay service charge - not sure if that's true. He then said we should of asked if the water is free or not (the waiter should of told us) and when we said tap water is always free he said "the cups aren't" HA. What a joke. He basically tried to make an excuse for everything and didn't once apologise for the awful service. He then proceeded to give us our money back and BAN us from there. Ha ha what a joke like we would really miss the place. A word of advice to them - hire some staff who know a thing or two about customer service and stop trying to swindle your customers out of money.

• Visited April 2014