“Rubbish over cooked food, serious horrendous, managers attitude stinks!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Fox Under The Hill

The Fox Under The Hill
Ranked #5,811 of 22,202 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kent, United Kingdom
“Rubbish over cooked food, serious horrendous, managers attitude stinks!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Rubbish over cooked food, serious horrendous, managers attitude stinks!!
The worst hungry horse I been to

• Visited April 2014

“what a joke!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

been coming here for years couple times a month but since these new owners taken over food gone right down the pan your lucky if you get everything on plate what supposed to be last three times at least 1 item each time had something missing on plate their were 5 of us with a toddler and they served the toddlers meal last. food was awlful as well will not been eating here again

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“great management, great service, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

This was my first visit to this resturant and I am amazed it's so clean and tidy. The food was out of this world and doesn't cost the earth. The managers Matt & Amy are very polite, friendly and very helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them. 10 out of 10 for this resturant the best resturant in south east London

• Visited February 2014
“ABYSMAL!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
- car park was tiny in comparison to the size of the restaurant, was full.
- Full of screaming kids with no control!
- 1 poor sod on the till despite the cue of about 8 people, no wonder why he made mistakes!
- referring to my point above the supposed manager was extremely rude and not supportive of the poor sod on the till. The guy serving us was supposed to be just doing food however the manager kept shouting at him to man the drinks till.
- whatever happened to service with a smile? Even one of the waitresses was serving the food while crying!
- our starters went to a different table as they didn't know the layout of the restaurant. Then when giving out my main, we was asked what table we were.
- we asked where our starter was, and the table behind gave it to us!
- as they had run out of pork, by 4pm on a Sunday, I chose roast beef instead. What turned up was a different story, it was chicken! After having it sent back I was given beef but discovered some chicken hiding under a Yorkshire pudding, which while on the topic were awfully dry.
- after the horrific chicken ordeal, a member of staff approached me in a rude and patronising manner telling me I had asked for chicken with a receipt as proof. This was incorrectly entered by the poor sod on the till stated above. When we pointed out his error she said "Corr, I am going to kill him today".
- THE MEAL WAS TERRIBLE!
- how can a restaurant have something on the menu when they don't serve it yet, this was the chocolate sundae shaker!
- the lady, mentioned above, then come over again and asked whether we was waiting for desserts and we was told "the chef was having a stressful day so we had to wait"
- credit to the poor sod on the till, I believe his name was Perry, was the only one with a smile despite being shouted at!
- also just as a final point, they had a sign on the wall stating how to act when they had a mystery shopper... Isn't this how you treat all customers?

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SHOCKING!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Went here today for dinner......What a disgrace....Got to the car park and it was full they only have about 6 car spaces with about 50 tables in the pub/restaurant....Was sat in a pub full of chavs with screaming kids climbing all over the tables like animals with parents who looked like they had just come off of Jeramy Kyle. I ordered a steak medium with onion rings and fries. The steak was not medium so I sent it back and it was put back on my table within 1 minute still well done felt like I was chewing on rubber and nearly chocked to my death. My partner ordered The full rack of ribs his meal looked like it had been sitting on the side for about a week the beans looked dried out and as for the ribs well they looked like they had just been pulled out a hungry cow don't know about a hungry horse. We would suggest you don't go there EVER unless you like microwave meals. Tip: mcdonalds is just a 5 minute drive round the corner.

• Visited February 2014