“Don't waste your money”

The Fox Under The Hill
Ranked #3,962 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I've used a lot of hungry horse this has got to be the worst haveing a prawn cocktail thrown over me the person serving it laughed the management wanted to know what are problem was biggest waste of money ever will be going to trading standards to sought this out thank The Lord we had it all filmed !!!!

• Visited April 2014

Kent, United Kingdom
“Rubbish over cooked food, serious horrendous, managers attitude stinks!!”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Rubbish over cooked food, serious horrendous, managers attitude stinks!!
The worst hungry horse I been to

• Visited April 2014
“what a joke!!!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

been coming here for years couple times a month but since these new owners taken over food gone right down the pan your lucky if you get everything on plate what supposed to be last three times at least 1 item each time had something missing on plate their were 5 of us with a toddler and they served the toddlers meal last. food was awlful as well will not been eating here again

• Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“great management, great service, great food”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This was my first visit to this resturant and I am amazed it's so clean and tidy. The food was out of this world and doesn't cost the earth. The managers Matt & Amy are very polite, friendly and very helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them. 10 out of 10 for this resturant the best resturant in south east London

• Visited February 2014
“ABYSMAL!!!”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
- car park was tiny in comparison to the size of the restaurant, was full.
- Full of screaming kids with no control!
- 1 poor sod on the till despite the cue of about 8 people, no wonder why he made mistakes!
- referring to my point above the supposed manager was extremely rude and not supportive of the poor sod on the till. The guy serving us was supposed to be just doing food however the manager kept shouting at him to man the drinks till.
- whatever happened to service with a smile? Even one of the waitresses was serving the food while crying!
- our starters went to a different table as they didn't know the layout of the restaurant. Then when giving out my main, we was asked what table we were.
- we asked where our starter was, and the table behind gave it to us!
- as they had run out of pork, by 4pm on a Sunday, I chose roast beef instead. What turned up was a different story, it was chicken! After having it sent back I was given beef but discovered some chicken hiding under a Yorkshire pudding, which while on the topic were awfully dry.
- after the horrific chicken ordeal, a member of staff approached me in a rude and patronising manner telling me I had asked for chicken with a receipt as proof. This was incorrectly entered by the poor sod on the till stated above. When we pointed out his error she said "Corr, I am going to kill him today".
- THE MEAL WAS TERRIBLE!
- how can a restaurant have something on the menu when they don't serve it yet, this was the chocolate sundae shaker!
- the lady, mentioned above, then come over again and asked whether we was waiting for desserts and we was told "the chef was having a stressful day so we had to wait"
- credit to the poor sod on the till, I believe his name was Perry, was the only one with a smile despite being shouted at!
- also just as a final point, they had a sign on the wall stating how to act when they had a mystery shopper... Isn't this how you treat all customers?

• Visited March 2014