“lovely food”

Dining options: Reservations
welling
“lovely food”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

previously ive been to the hungry horse and was not impressed at all,we thought we would give it another go, well i was very impressed the food was fresh and tasty the staff were very friendly,we had 2 for £8.49 fish and chips and there was no skimping on the size like other pubs do we will definately come back

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank mazip
Fox H, General Manager at The Fox Under The Hill, responded to this review, 29 May 2017
Thanks for the amazing feedback!!!

Beckenham, United Kingdom
“Good value....At the end of the day it is pub grub”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We have eaten here a number of times. As a general rule we have been happy with what we get.

A bit surprised by the negative reviews. It is not classic food by any means - standard pub fare I guess - but that have always cooked the steak as we have requested it. To manage your expectations of what to expect - the menu is similar to that at a Weatherspooons

I have rated this as a 4 based on value for money rather than the menu...It is not expensive but for what we pay we are happy....hence why we go back

1 Thank SteveCAFC63
thanks
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Me,my wife and 3 kids are regular's at The Hungry Horse..
If something's not broke....Don't fix it!!!!
Anne...,Amy....,Matt....,Chloe....,perry....,Nandu.....
All Top People....., without doubt...,Great Service and Great Value for Money.....

• Visited April 2014
Thanks for the amazing feedback!!
Orpington, United Kingdom
“Disgusting”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I went here with my mum and my friend for lunch. Mum and I both ordered the fish and chips the fish was basically just batter and the fish that did appear was as dry as a bone! The tarter sauce had obviously been kept in the warm or was out of date as it was separated when I asked about the tarter sauce the barmaid/waitress simply stuck a fork in it and stirred it and said it was fine. We all sent out food back and not one of us was offered a refund for the uneatable food. I would never go here again nor advise anyone else to go here!

Hi

I would like to inform you that we have been under new management since 2016 and we are dedicated to delivering high standards and amazing hospitality everyday. I do apologise for the bad experience in the past but I must ask you give us another chance as we can not change what has happened but we can impress you in the future............
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I've used a lot of hungry horse this has got to be the worst haveing a prawn cocktail thrown over me the person serving it laughed the management wanted to know what are problem was biggest waste of money ever will be going to trading standards to sought this out thank The Lord we had it all filmed !!!!

Hi