“Good, but not more than that.”
Review of Troy Hotel

Troy Hotel
Ranked #595 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Maalot Tarshikha, Israel
“Good, but not more than that.”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stay 3 nights in this hotel, with 3 rooms.
There are huge differences between the rooms, some has air con but some hasn't. also the mini-fridge is very weak.
The location is great, 2 minutes walk to Queensway and Bayswater undergrounds (2 different lines), and to hydepark and kensington.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 15 August 2013

The staff is efficient, friendly and helpfull. Room is clean with comfortable bed, tv , air-con. tea and coffee making facilities. Set of toiletries in bathroom with hair dryer. Simple continental breakfast is served daily. Free use of computer complete with wi-fi is available.Very well located, close to tube stations like Queensbay and Bayswater, a few minutes stroll from Hyde Park. Shops and restaurants are all within 10 mins. walk. These are non smoking rooms in a quiet location. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I only put average because it is not a "very good" hotel. It is good, well located, clean and has got what you need in the room. They keep your luggage for the day for free which is really nice. Check out time is later than some other places.
Now, the breakfast was borderline i.e. the choice was limited and of average quality and the afternoon receptionist (male, did not get his name) was less than welcoming, never got a hello or a smile out if him and he looked annoyed that I was asking questions about payments etc...As I'd booked the hotel through an external website I did have questions. I stayed in a single room.
The toilets would have been difficult to use had I been taller or fatter (knees touching the sink cabinet). I found the stay nice, I did not suffer from noise and the location is really good, only a few details to scrub up and it'll become a very good hotel. At the moment I feel it is slightly pricy for the quality.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Hotel was located in quiet area,only few min walking from underground -Noting Hill and Queensway.The room is small,but in London is usually that you will get small room,for this price i was pleased,breakfast also noting special but like i said before for that price-good.The most important-clean and bed comfort...quiet in nice area,where you are need just few minutes walking to first pizzeria or restaurant or shopping center with Tesco:)
I will come back to this hotel for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cagalj
Sentosa Island, Singapore
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Good and decent enough for my stay in London! Cheap (comparing how expensive hotels in London are). Receptionists were friendly. Gave us Room 306 which came with a bathtub. We were pleasantly surprised. Room was big enough that my husband and I could lay open our two huge luggages to pack and unpack without difficulties. Only con would be the slightly noisy floor which I guess is due to the building being old. Other than that, I was pleased and was value for money since I paid less than SGD$200/night. Room came with a flask and hair dryer (which i need!) and also a safe. Breakfast was simple but sufficient cause we had intended to eat out anyway. Real good location, walking distance to 2 tube stations. Made our way to many tourists attraction super convenient by choosing either to take Queensway or Bayswater station. Will stay with them again if I return to LDN.

Room Tip: Corner room is spacious.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Gisborne, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We have stayed in the Bayswater area of London on three ocassions now and find it really convenient to all the attractions as there are 3 tube stations in close proximity as well as the bus services along Bayswater road. We thought the Troy Hotel would be a good choice. Unfortunately we found it to be a bit of a contradiction. Some things about the hotel are really good, and others really bad. We booked 2 double rooms for 4 nights in June. Both rooms were on the 4th floor at each end of the short corridor and both overlooking the street. It was really disappointing to find that one of the rooms was only about 2/3 the size of the other. Serviceable for single occupancy, but really cramped for 2 people. The larger room was a good size and allowed for 2 suitcases to be left open during our stay. Both rooms were priced the same. While the sheets and pillowcases were clean and the bed really comfy (although very creaky) the bed spread was extremely old and looked in need of a good clean. Our bathroom was also not as clean as should be expected in any hotel. We found the rooms to be extremely warm even though we left the window open all night and the fan on. It was not really hot weather during our stay, so I hate to think what they would feel like at the height of Summer. There was also a lot of noise from the street below which didn't bother us too much, but if you are a light sleeper, it certainly would be annoying. Having said all that, the staff were friendly, the breakfast basic but plentiful and more than adequate. The public areas of the hotel were pleasant and clean, and the location fabulous. If I was to stay in London again, I would probably look elsewhere before staying at the Troy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bath as they seem to be bigger.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I love the location, walking distance to many places and restaurants. I did not love the appearance of the room much less the lack of soundproof, I could here everything going on upstairs. Wi-Fi is a plus and subway stations are very close.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo