All reviews shepherds bush tube station an overnight stay the location is perfect english breakfast easy access star hotel westfield
Reviewed 10 June 2018

Shortly, this is stinky, very dirty, noisy hotel. Receptionist is never on reception. If you come and see closed doors don't be surprise. Moreover I didn't have water 3 days not cold nor hot. Staff and owner refused to give another room or return money for the rest of the days. Wi-fi was horrible, it was only one spot where I had weak signal. There is a kettle in the room, but believe me I don't wanna drink from it. Only one word - HORRIBLE! This is a cheap hotel, but there are a lot of options to spend your money much much better.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Situated really close to all the shops, tube stations and the 02.
Reasonable rates. Super clean and comfortable although the room was not very big . Staff were very helpful with helping me too. Highly recommended

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

This is definitely a 3 star hotel and you get what you pay for.
We wanted somewhere close to Westfield and this is probably the nearest hotel so 5 stars for that.

Basic facilities and we were lucky to have a rear bedroom on the first floor so could get a breeze from open windows. My gf parents had a basement room which was dark, hot and impacted in by the noise of people going up and down the stairs.

Only conditioner provided in the bathroom but not a deal breaker. Shower hot and good water pressure.

Decor tired but bed really comfy.

Breakfast basic corn flakes, toast, pastry, tea or coffee.

Think this is spot on for a base next to the shopping centre.

Would suggest checking that you’re not booked into a basement room :)

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2018

My wife and I were sent to the first floor front room. I was disappointed at the room overall and the windows weren't installed properly as the noise was very loud from the traffic. I knew I would have a problem sleeping so I requested a back room. I was taken to the room and when the staff opened the door it was extremely hot in the room. He mentioned that the last guest must have left the radiator on (its not the guests responsibility to turn off heating as everyone has different comfort levels and the staff should've turned the heating off when they serviced the room). He then turned the dial on the radiator but when I returned to the room with my wife it was still so hot. I noticed that he actually turned the dial open. I then had a look at the dial and it was actually on the open position, I then closed it. This means that there was a problem with the heating. We went out for the evening and left the windows open. We returned from dinner at about 23:30 and the room was boiling. I woke up during the night as I was so hot I had to open the door for about an hour. After closing the door I was then woken up by the noise of the taps upstairs and the cast iron steps that people would use to go downstairs to the restaurant. In a nutshell my wife and I did not get much sleep due to the bad build, layout and maintenance issues. When we went downstairs for breakfast we noticed the only person in there was eating. He stood up and we then realised he was the chef/waiter. He offered us tea and a croissant, which was great. I then asked if there is anything else, he said "I don't know, what do you want". It was such a strange set up! The dining room is also used as a storage place, with loads of stuff like toilet paper ect. I would not pay more than £45 a night for that experience.

Room Tip: Rather stay further from Westfield Shopping Centre and get your monies worth.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Having made the mistake of staying in a dump on my last trip to London for some NFL action, I decided this spot next to Westfield would offer a better option. I wasn't mistaken!

I wasn't expecting the world, but the room was decent, all the extras worked and the free breakfast - albeit a couple of bits of toast and some OJ - did the job. Given it was cheaper than most Air BnBs in the area I was happy.

Shepherd's Bush station offers great links within London, both over and under ground, plus Westfield (aside from the great shopping) offers some of the cheapest parking anywhere. Currently £8 a day, so you won't be breaking the bank parking up and leaving the car there for a day or two.

Abbey Hotel may not be the grandest of places, but my brief experience ticked all the positive boxes.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends