“Close to King's cross”
Review of Belgrove Hotel

Belgrove Hotel
Ranked #924 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Close to King's cross, and St Pancras. That being said,these are the only things that I could come up with that would make me stay there again. It's not like I have great expectations or any thing, But this hotel is just not up to anyone's standards, as far as i'm concerned. It is a place to rest one's head, albeit hoping and praying that one does not walk away, with more than he arrived with if you catch my drift? The only thing adequate about this hotel and I am being kind, Breakfast!! This hotel had more of a boarding house feel than a hotel, I have never been to a boarding house but this would have been in my mind's eye, had I looked for one!! I won't go into the unpleasantry's of the whole thing, I don't have the time or inclination to put anything down, as I booked this hotel for the merit of it being close to what I needed. And thus take some responsibility myself for not taking a more sober look, before booking. But i am of the ilk to say to myself it could have been worse!! But I doubt it! And I will leave it at that.There are much better hotel's in the same area, and do yourself a favor pay a little more.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 June 2014

On my own , needed one night stay in a single room, great location quieter than I expected as I am a light sleeper , small room but comfortable really good value , clean , awesome cooked breakfast I would stay there again. Hot shower.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I m writing this review while still in the hotel..I checked in few hours ago and I am glad I am leaving this hotel early morning tomorrow.

It's already past midnight and I am counting every hour left before I check out.I am very confident I won't come across worse hotels than this one in my life..we booked two rooms and paid £105 each for this absolutely dingy hotel- the only reason we booked was for its location.I have heard people saying 'you get what you pay for'.Now I paid a decent amount even by London's standards-so it's not always like that.I booked this one through booking.com.Yeah it was done just 2 weeks before my stay,but that should by no means be an excuse for such exhorbitant prices for such a disgusting hotel.I won't even care to go to the breakfast room.All I am praying for is to leave this hotel without getting sick-well I already am sick of the whole atmosphere here.You get such sickening vibes you are better off strolling euston the whole night than staying here.In short-even if the hotel pays me £105 to stay for a night here I would still decline it,and I mean it.Hope this sums up my experience here.
PS-A word about the receptionist-terrible,pathetic hospitality and very rude.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Vjnz11
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Terrible hotel. The pictures are deceiving on what you see online. The staff miserable. Only interested in my money. Cannot even get the basics right, they failed to replenish toilet roll. Breakfast ok. Don't bother drinking the tea, instead earl grey you got GREY! Wash basin was located in the room. Toilet was in a cupboard and so was the shower.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Good points:
• excellent location
• very friendly staff

Bad points:
• the location doesn't justify charging £60/night for a room that is smaller than the advertised pictures,
• horribly dirty single glazed window
• awful, depressing view of inner 'courtyard'
• barely enough space to move around in the bathroom
• had to ask at reception for a towel and hairdryer, which should have been provided in the room
• very noisy in the morning, was woke up several times before 7am
• very strong smell coming from breakfast room that stayed in my hair for a while after I left

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2014

this is a very good place to stay for a one or two niight break in london - it is a few yards from kings cross station - the staff are all friendly,the room was comfortable & the breakfast was lovely - excellent value for money - i would recommend - many thanks

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014

stayed here 2 nights for scotland v nigeria game at craven cottage
chose here as early train up the road
50 yards to mainline station or 30 yards to tube
cheap as chips for all i needed
great all you can eat buffet set me up for the day
second time i ve been here,already booked for a sight seeing trip later in the year

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends