“Not anymore”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Rosedene Hotel

Rosedene Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Rosedene Hotel
Ranked #644 of 837 Speciality Lodging in London
Bangkok
“Not anymore”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2009

I booked the hotel quite late before travel. Therefore, not many choices left for me to choose. Although, I've read many review of this hostel, I could not belief when I see the place myself.
We booked a room for 4 people with private bathroom. We got a room with 1 single bed, 1 double bed and 1 bunk. Enough beds but too small room. We need to put our luggages under our beds in order to walk around the room. The room was not so clean but the bed linens are clean. The bathroom was small and disgusting. Lots of mold all over the bathroom. Wash basin is very small. It was nearly impossible to brush your teeth over the basin. The toilet seat is nearly broken. You need to put your weight over your left leg more than right leg or the seat would be slipped. You can see the heater coil inside and I think it could be fired if anything fall inside. If you turn the heather on too strong, it was very difficult to cool the room down because ventilation system of the room was terrible.
The good thing is this hostel provide free internet, anyway 2 out of 4 days of our stay it does not working.
No breakfast here, but there is coffee and tea in your room.
I will not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009
3 Thank Now_cool

Solo
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2007

We booked a room for 4 people--my parents, husband and myself. There was a bunk bed and a single bed. It was one really cramped room. We stored the luggage on the top bunk and slept in the two remaining beds. Otherwise, we'd have no leg room at all.
As a hostel, most rooms share a bathroom. However, we had a private bathroom--shower only; the shower had some mold.
No elevator but they did help us carry the luggage to the top floor (the 5th floor). (The stairway was dusty). The main caretaker was rude and brusque, but the hired help were okay. When we checked out, no one was around to help us carry the luggage down.
The location was the only good thing. It was walking distance to Victoria Station and Buckingham Palace. Great neighborhood. A public library and a fish & chips place were around the corner.
If we had to do it over again, we'd stay at the hotel next door, Lime Tree Hotel, for a little more. In this case, we wanted cheap and we got cheap.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everythinig else
  • Tips/Secrets — go next door to Lime Tree Hotel
  • Stayed July 2004, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank spiritwheels

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Chester
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2006

The worst hotel and the most impolite and rudest people I have ever seen in my life. I booked a single room for 2 nights in Sep. from travelstay website. when i arrived Rosendene hotel, reception charged my card first and then took me to a room which was terrible. Humid,dark and very old room. the ceiling was leaking fast . A bin was under the ceiling to collect water drip. I got scared and had a fear that the ceiling would fall shortly. I asked the reception that i need to speak to manager since I can not stay here. I was told that no one is around and you can complain and refund your money not earlier than tomorrow and in addition there is no other room available. I was very tired of long travel and I went to bed. after two hours someone called himself the manager came and gave me the key for the other room which has been vacant already. He never said sorry and was so rude.
I said to him if you refund my money I wont stay here because of a bad impression that everything gave me. the young man(Manager) start shouting at me that you know how much you have paid and how much is the room costs. He said:" Get out of my hotel" he was very aggressive and called me with very nasty words. He kicked me out of the hotel at around 8 pm and said come back tomorrow for refund.
I came back the day after and he said he charges me one night. I told him why I have to pay when you kicked me out of the hotel and took me to that terrible room. He said this is our policy.
I write this story to warn the people who want to book a room in this hotel that in these competitive business days that customer satisfaction comes first, There is a place with sort of people that i do not know how could I describe them. they just know money and that is it!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — veru rude
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank yazo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2006

I stayed there last week, Rosedene hotel definitely exceeded my expectations, especially after reading previous “doom and gloom” comments.
For £40 a night (for a double room) I got clean and quiet room.
What more can I expect from a budget hotel?
I’ll be staying again in Rosedene hotel.

Stayed April 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2006

Room wasn't that bad, toilet did seem to have some flushing problem but otherwise it was good (room 3 is one the few with its own toilet and a sliding door if you do not wish to be disturbed by your annoying roommates). One problem though: the whole bathroom ceiling is full of rot and once in a while you will find some bug scurrying around. The hotel is close to victoria station which is very good. The heating works fine, and if you like snooping around room 3 is excellent(You can hear the neighbors below you).
See you later alligator...

• Stayed March 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2006

Clean rooms, hot and cold showers, toilet, no incidents, window opens and closes easily, heating, good beds, no complains about the rudness of the staff although i saw no one representing it. good location close to victoria sation, safe neighbourhood you can walk by night. In conclusion room 3 is great (4 beds, 5 people). The other rooms were not so great ( no toilet included or shower with no door or other problems).

• Stayed March 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2005

terrible avoid this hostel at all cost, staff most rude when you can find them.
never again.