“Fantastic food for a great price”
Review of El Botellon

El Botellon
Ranked #10,367 of 25,285 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$20
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: El Botellon Tapas Restaurant and Cuban Cocktail Bar opened in 2013 on High Road Seven Sisters, opposite the Bernie Grant Arts Centre. We serve chef specials every day and cater for vegetarians and meat eaters alike! We have an intimate bar area and can cater for up to 70 people, so large groups and families are very welcome. We have LIVE music on various nights of week - call for more details. Our venue is the perfect choice for any type of occasion, as we provide an authentic Spanish Tapas menu with great service and value for money.
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

What amazing value for such great food. Highly recommended if you're in the area. Great service aswell.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

I love this restaurant so much I am writing this review before even finishing our visit.

Great columbian casual vibe, friendly service, delicious food (with HUGE portion sizes), Spanish music, fun art and most importantly a genuine authentic experience.

But this isn't meant to be an "experience" for non Colombians, it just happens to be a restaurant within the Colombian community which I accidentally stumbled upon and was made to feel welcome in!

I would recommend to anyone and will be back! 5*!

Reviewed 18 August 2016

Title pretty well sums it up. Pretty darn sure this is now a Colombian restaurant, although the website still says Spanish. The menu has changed since we went a year or two ago.

One of those 'ethnicky' places that hasn't been 'discovered' and all the better for it.

The tapas is pretty well all the things you'd get on a big Colombian breakfast plate. Fantastic belly pork and chorizo (very different from the Spanish version.) Two different types of plantain. Very tasty, tender squid.

A meal for two with a beer won't set you back much more than £30.

We had to doggy-bag the chicken salad as we just had no more room left.

Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

A quiet and nice Spanish restaurant in North London. I guess the best in the area. Also good for birthday parties. The food is very tasty especially the grilled one.

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

My other half choose this resto as we don't regularly have many Spanish cuisines as a choice when we eat out so we thought we would have something different.

We did arrive at a fairly early on a Friday, around 1800-1820, and it wasn't busy.
This was perfect as we didn't make any kind of reservations. Its a cute and quaint place, scarlet red cloths on wooden tables and dressed simply.

Once we sat down we were given home made crisps followed by slices of baguette.

I picked pulpo tapas (octopus) which was tasty and tender (NOT chewy like some places we have had octopus or squid) good job .

For mains, we order a side salad with the "El Botellón"... A selection of meats over rice and fried potatoes and topped with grilled peppers. This too was tasty, however I did find the meat was a lil over cooked and therefore dry. We still ate and tried everything. It was more than enough for 2 people.

One thing I would like is a sauce of some sort for this meal. We were given hot sauce and a garlic mayo, but I would've preferred something else. (Perhaps a salsa or somethings but thats more Latin American, sorry totally a sauce person but did not want to go for tomato sauce).

The service was good; on hand, and attentive. What did make me personally feel weird was when we requested for the leftovers to be taken away, our waiter stacked the plates and place our tissues over the food all on the same plate.

Other than that the service and the food was good and the think we would still go back to try another dish/es.