“Great breakfast and value.”
Review of Grillshack - CLOSED

Grillshack
Cuisines: American, Diner, Grill
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Soho
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great breakfast and value.”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

In our 4 day stay in London, this was the only place where we ate more than once. It was very reasonably priced and the service was very good. In fact, the waitress, upon seeing us the second time was nice enough to sit down and ask politely about our visit. The scrambled eggs were delicious as was the porridge. Great for a quick breakfast.

• Visited August 2014

• Polish first
“Mc Donalds is better”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I recently ate at the Grillshack and it was possibly the worst american style diner food I have ever had. Cheese burger was cold, the extra Guacamole which i would expect to be home made had clearly just come out of a pot and tasted like it had been left in a blender for weeks! My cheesy fries had what looked like spray-on-cheese and although that might be to some peoples taste, I would have expected fresh cheese to be added and then melted under the grill. My friend ordered the buttermilk chicken which had not spent enough time in the frier and was thus soggy in places.
To add insult to injury the service was slow and dull. When we asked for a different cheese to put in one of the burgers on the menu, the staff refused leading me to believe that the burgers are pre-made.
I don't eat at Mc Donalds but I honestly believe that your money would be better spent on a Big Mac than any burgers at Grillshack.

• Visited August 2014
“Good concept”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Self-ordering kiosk is more trouble that it is worth as I waited a long time for my drinks. The food is good enough but nothing special.

Visited April 2014
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Arrived hopeful and left disappointed”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The GOOD:

They were very accommodating when we arrived as we were a group of 8 although 2 of our guests were running and late and they did not rush us at all regarding us being there for an hour before we could place our order even though the restaurant was busy.

The french fries were really nice and the mayonnaise was a bit different to the usual plain stuff.

The veggie burger was tasty and looked good.

Fries are included with the burgers.

THE BAD:

The burgers were all overcooked, 7 out 7 burgers were all overcooked. Even though one of the guys had asked for a medium rare patty only to be told that all the burgers can only be done medium and they are always very pink inside.

I ordered the Pulled Pork Burger, and the pulled pork did not have much flavour.

One of our guests ordered no relish, no sauce on his burger and he received mayonnaise on his bun, his request was due to allergies.

Delivering of drinks were very slow, in fact, we could see our drinks after we had ordered them and they stayed there for at least five minutes, at one point we wanted to just get up and get them ourselves.

There were three of us at the table waiting for the rest, I asked for a jug of water, and the waitress only brought two glasses.

Of our guests ordered blue cheese on his burger and said the cheese was very tasteless, no flavour at all.

Overall this was a visit by our burger club and it was probably the second worse burger we have had since we started this burger club.

I honestly think there are much better burger restaurants out there if someone just takes the time to find them.

• Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great lunch :)”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I recently went to this place for lunch with 3 of my friends, and it is the best place ever! I ordered the steak and eggs and chips and even though they only do medium steak, the steak that i had was a bit medium rare which was gooooood.... and its great value as well, only £10.95 :)
And the burgers there are to die for, they actually look like burgers that you see in adverts or the crabby paddy's from spongebob :) my friend got a special which was a messi burger, and he discovered that day why it was called a "messi burger" from all the sauce stains that he got on his t-shirt from eating it :)

I will definitely come back here in the future, this is one of my favourite places in central london :)

• Visited July 2014