“Local Gem with Delicious Food”
Review of Cocodelic - CLOSED

Cocodelic
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: At COCODELIC we have lovely delicious Caribbean & European fused dishes for you to enjoy, with some great music, in a laid back, cool & funky atmosphere.
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I live in the area and have walked pass Cocodelic a number of times but today my partner and I thought we'd go in and give it try. The deco is tame with a laid back vibe and atmosphere. The waitress was attentive and the food was good enough to warrant a second visit to try all the other delicious sounding dishes on the menu.
Both my partner and I ordered the 10cc Caribbean Breakfast (initially I wanted the Nemo dish but this wasnt available). The 10cc included grilled plantain, grilled tomatoes, saltfish, spring onion hash and flavoured scrambled eggs which was beautiful presented (see photos). The was very flavoursome but the only thing I would say is that it could do with more than a tablespoon of saltfish as it so tasty.
The smoothies are a must try and the tea is served in a beautiful tea pot and matching saucer which was very cute and nice touch.

Would defo reccomend :)

3  Thank IrieMyrie
easitraveller, Owner at Cocodelic, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for your comments and we're glad you enjoyed your visit. Sorry that our Captain Nemo fish dish wasn't available for you, but you made a good second choice with the 10cc. This is also one of our most popular dishes. We hope to see you back again soon and feel free to ask for an extra portion of saltfish if you try the 10cc again.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Cocodelic has the local charm of a a small business that started with simple decor and good quality food. Over the past couple of years it was grown carefully to add longer opening hours and better furniture, without sacrificing what made it good in the first place. The star of the show is the Monmouth coffee. Lattes are a little too milky but the flat whites are great, and far cheaper than the competition. The best cakes go fast but there are usually free samples to pick at. The food is modern Caribbean and is full of flavour. I did find their pancakes to be a little bitter though so ask for extra syrup.
For kids there are two highchairs. Space is too limited for a changing table at present.
Also has free wifi and great music.One of the local places I'm happy to see doing well.

2  Thank riChchestMat
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Just discovered Cocodelic a great modern Caribbean restaurant with great food friendly staff and funky soulful music in the background. Loved the pulled pork French toast...yummy yum my taste buds and tummy was singing a happy song. Sipped on a cool refreshing spinach blended cocktail with a shot of coconut rum. With a great menu will have to come back to sample try a number of dishes I have my eye on not to mention 10CC breakfast!

3  Thank linda l
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Visited for a friends birthday get together. The food and staff were welcoming and engaging - particularly a lady named Pearl. It is not huge in side but a lovely spot should you need to recharge after an afternoon of shopping or relax in the evening - a neighbourhood affair. Definitely worth visiting again and again. Would recommend the Chicken Roti starter which was gorgeous and generous enough for a main with some sides. It would appear it has made a good start so long my it continue. It is also child friendly.

1  Thank Jamae13
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The atmosphere in Cocodelic is so cool and funky you just have to have fun. Saturday night saw the place sold out and live music from the wonderful soul and funk family McCoy. How wonderful to be entertained by the most amazing live music as we ate our Caribbean curry. Lovely Pearl our waitress introduced herself as we sat down and I knew we were in for a good time, she is bursting with such enthusiasm and style. A small menu cooked really well 3 courses for £15, and genuine concern that everyone has a good time, what a quirky and original place to add to the ever expanding number of cafes and eateries in Kensal Rise. Only opened in summer 2013 - give it a try.

1  Thank herbertherbert