“Good for a chain”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 January 2014

New branch opened in Wandsworth. Had been to Wimbledon branch and enjoyed it. Good value tasty food. Quick attentive service. Was quite when I visited so atmosphere not graet, but overall very good

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I would like to echo other reviews on this forum - food was good, great flavors, but 15-20% on the higher side price-wise.
The quantity is good though, although a bit of a Cheese/sour cream over load in what ever dish you order.
I would go back if, portion sizes reduced, lesser amount of unhealthy sour cream/cheese and a reduction of price by around 15%, all of which seems highly unlikely will happen.
That being said, they do have some wicked out door seating area, upstairs, which would be great on a summer evening. I will not be going back in a hurry.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

New'ish restaurant just outside Southside Shopping Centre in Wandsworth.
Interior clean, but temp rather hit and miss - very hot or cold due to hot air heating.

The bill came to about £90 pounds for a family of four, several starters to share and a main course each. The burritos and tacos were pretty mediocre, the fajitas were much better - however at £15 each pretty overpriced. Fajita sizzling platter arrived promptly, but then had to wait a while for my tacos and bits such as pico de gallo and sour cream etc.

Staff not the most efficient, but at least friendly. I think we went through a shift change as we were served by several different people over the course of the meal.

Food is pretty average - so very disappointing. If you have a Chipotle fast food place closer - go there instead - much tastier and way more authentic.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I love Mexican food, but I had never been to Chimichanga so I was excited to learn that a new branch was opening in Wandsworth. The restaurant was modern in design, clean and spacious. The waiting staff seems disorganised and slow. We probably interacted with 4 different people.

The menu looked interesting, however included a large number of items one would not expect in a Mexican restaurant. I ordered the pork enchilada and a pint of lager, my partner ordered the chicken enchilada, jalapeno bullets and a soft drink. The restaurant didn't seem to have pint glasses, the waiter informed me that I needed to ask for the remaining half.

The food was very disappointing, it looked all rather ready made and industrial, i.e. frozen and reheated. The rice, with a scattering of black beans seemed to have no flavor. The enchiladas were dry, extremely bland and lacking in any sort of freshness or spice. The jalapeno bullets looked anaemic (light beige) and tasted of absolutely nothing and were accompanied by a few wilted leaves.

Overall our experience was disappointing.This is the first and last time we will be visiting this chain (in Wandsworth or anywhere else). There are far more superior options in London that offer excellent fresh flavours and better value that Chimichanga will never match.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

As the latest restaurant to open in the Southside Shopping centre, my boyfriend and I decided to give this place a try on Friday night before heading to the cinema. We are both big Las Iguanas fans, so wanted to see how Chimichanga compared.

We got a really friendly greeting when we arrived and were found a table. We hadn't booked and it looked like the place was quite busy, we actually saw people being turned away later on, so we were lucky that we had arrived before 7pm.

The menu has a good range of meals. We only ordered main courses, as mexican food typically comes in big portions, but they did a choice of starters. From spying on other tables, the starters looked quite good, but the portions were not huge. I ordered a chilli con carne enchilada, which is small. I expected it to be quite hefty and smothered in cheese and tomato sauce. However, there was just a handful of cheese on the top (a small hand at that!) and not much sauce. The dishes aren't very spicy either, quite bland in general, though perfectly nice. We asked the waiter about this and he said that Chimichanga is set up to cater for the British palate, so none of their food is spicy. They put hot sauce on the table though. My boyfriend ordered a Chimichange and his was much the same, in that it was small and rather bland.

There was a bonus to all this though, it meant we had loads of room for ice creams at Cineworld!!

All-in-all, it's ok. The service was super friendly and helpful. But at £11-13 for a main course, I expected a little more. We won't be going again because there are other really nice restaurants to choose from in that area.

1  Thank gregtraveller