“Great Neighborhood and Customer Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Bells Hotel

Blue Bells Hotel
Ranked #874 of 1,090 Hotels in London
San Francisco, California
“Great Neighborhood and Customer Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I made a reservation at BBH when I couldn't find anything else a month before I arrived, even though I read some negative reviews here. The clerk gave me Room G3, which is adjacent to the office and dining room. The clerk was in a meeting when I arrived but quickly showed me the room. One look and I didn't like it so asked if there was another. He told me they were completely full and no other room was available. Though a very spacious room with a king bed and fridge, the curtains were torn and the room was sad looking (though bathroom was nice). And to top it off, I could hear the underground train rumble under my feet. I was really bummed out about it and knew I would have trouble sleeping (and I really needed some good sleep!). What a way to end my fantastic vacation in a substandard room! When I returned later that evening I asked another clerk, Harjinder, if there was a quieter room on a higher floor and he quickly offered me Room 13 on the 1st floor facing the park. Though a much smaller room, I really liked it better than G3. No sound of the underground and I slept very well those 2 nights. Thank you so much Harjinder! The bathroom was very clean and not too cramped, and the continental breakfast of toast and cereal was sufficient for me. Guests can use the internet in the dining area. I really loved the neighborhood. The Notting Hill Gate underground was no more than a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel. I would definitely stay at BBH again. The night desk clerk Harjinder is very friendly and personable and we had some nice chats. Only wish the clerk who checked me in had offered me Room 13 when I arrived. I'm puzzled why Room 13 was available in the evening but not when I arrived mid-afternoon. What started off badly ended up spectacularly.

Room Tip: Floors 1 and higher have less underground noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Turkish first
Atherton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I wish to say to them thanks a lot for help! I was disappointed and I had a really bad service in "Notting hill hotel", 2 Pembrige Square, which I should leave, so I was without any accomodation for night with the baby(it looked like that horrible hotel kicked me and my baby out!). Yeah, yeah, could somebody believe it?! I was lucky I found "Blue Bells Hotel"! Good price, good room, good service!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Snezhana L
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was reluctant to book at Blue Bells after reading the horrible reviews, but seeing that the recent ones were good I decided to go ahead and book. I'm very happy with my choice. I travel alone but booked a double room with a double bed. It was on the second floor overlooking a nice garden, and I was very happy with the room. It's in no way luxurious, but it's perfectly fine and VERY cheap for London. The Notting Hill area is really nice, with lots of nice restaurants etc and the hotel is two minutes from Portobello Road and only a five minute walk from the Notting Hill Gate tube station which connects directly to Victoria Station and the Gatwick Express. Perfect!

I arrived before the room was ready but I could store my luggage until it was ready, which was nice. There is no elevator but I was offered help with the suitcase.

I will definetely stay there again.

Room Tip: The street is very quiet so no street noise. The trains can be heard from a distance, but it's n...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Andrea B
Maarssen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

The location was excellent, near Notting Hill Gate Underground, near Portobello Road. Rooms are spacious. A pity they didn't have any bedlamps, difficult to read. Breakfast was very very simple: just toast & jam. Kind Indian people.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

1 Thank Willemsens W
Tønsberg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Located 5 min walk from Notting Hill Gate underground, quiet and charming surroundings. The hotel is small, but rooms are spacious. Comfortable beds. Acceptable size of bathroom. Breakfast is simple, but ok (toast, marmelade, cereals, tea/coffe/orange juice. Staff is very nice, always attentive. Wi-fi could have been faster, but all'n it worked quite well, - even in our room (was supposed to be accessable only in the reception area). Wouldn't hesitate staying here next time...

Room Tip: Avoid room below street level.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Anette B
Budaors, Hungary
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I travelled with my husband for 4 nites to London. Choose the hotel because of the location and the official pictures on it's website. The first nite was terrible as we received room in the basement. The room was dark, small and noisy because of the tube in every 2 min's from 5.30 am till midnite.
Luckily and finally with the help of Alpesh we received another room on 2nd floor for the rest of our stay, which is much appreciated as he saved our stay in the city. The new room was small, but clean and not noisy (just the usual noises from the street).
The breakfast is simple toast with jam, cereals and orange juice. We had some problems with the water as well, when we showered late morning, there were no hot water, or no water at all for few minutes.
Overall the hotel is ok with very good location and fair prices for the rooms on upper floors, with Alpesh who is very commited to the guests.

Room Tip: In the accomodation mention that need room on upper floors. If u don't like street noises ask fo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Was rather worried about this hotel after reading some of the reviews but we found it a nice place to stay.the room was spacious and clean and the bed was very comfy the bathroom was clean with a bath and a shower.the staff were polite and friendly and I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed March 2014