“Simply divine”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed 20 July 2014

After some deliberation, my friends and I decided to opt for the 6 course tasting menu. I am so glad I did. It was simply divine! What a great way to sample a wide range of innovative, beautifully presented dishes. My absolute favourite was the heritage tomato consomme - clear liquid heaven!

Marianne is clearly a talented chef and her artistic eye is visible both in the food and the decor of her eponymous bijou restaurant.

That Marianne is passionate about food is perhaps to be expected, but what I was surprised about was how passionate all her staff were too. Their descriptions of the dishes were mouthwatering, and I was impressed by how they could answer any questions about provenance, ingredients or cooking methods thrown their way. That level of service is admirable.

All in all a wonderful experience. If you like a personal touch, creative food and elegant decor then I really think you'll love it there.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Marianne opened last September and since I have been living overseas, I waited almost a whole year until I was able to visit this divine restaurant with my partner and best friend.
On entering the beautiful dining room, we were greeted by Francesca and Alexios, the maître d' and sommelier dream team, who looked after us so well for the evening.
Our party of three all elected the July tasting menu consisting of 6 courses. The Heritage tomato consommé with burrata, avocado, coriander and chilli was sensational. What followed was a series of exquisite culinary delights including foie gras and welsh mountain chicken terrine with French black cherry compote and Rainer cherry dressing, turbot with white asparagus and champagne sauce, fillet of Limousin veal with globe artichokes, broad beans and Scottish girolles, as well as a selection of fine cheeses and the outstanding soufflé of Macademia nuts and Oakchurch raspberries with sorbet and coulis.
At the end of the evening, Marianne came to have a chat with us and what a privilege it was to talk to such a passionate and lovely young lady, who has built up an impressive restaurant that surely must rival the best in the world. Marianne - you're a genius!

3  Thank Joolz R
Reviewed 20 July 2014

After hearing of the new restaurant that has been taking all the foodies and celebs by storm, I had to book in (months in advance) and I must say the wait was worth it. First of all the staff are fantastic, very knowledgable and making us feel relaxed. I went with the July Tasting Menu and the wines to match. This I can not recommend enough as the fantastic pairing of food and wine was exquisite.
With the intimate setting, great food and wine, this has been by far my best restaurant experience to date.
Book now while you can as I am sure there are Michelin Stars in its future.

1  Thank QueenstowBikeTours
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband took me to Marianne for dinner for my 40th Birthday. It was almost a 2 hour journey for us to get there, but well worth it.

The food was amazing. We had a 4 course meal which included langoustines, fillet of lamb, truffled brie and a raspberry and macadamia nut souffle. We were also treated to a few extra tasters. I could not have eaten another mouthful, and in fact it pained me to leave some of the souffle, but I was too full. Every dish was beautifully presented, smelt delicious and tasted like heaven. The souffle in particular was exquistite.

The service was polite, attentive (but not intrusive) and the general ambience oozed class. I was made to feel very special. I was presented with a little extra Birthday treat that the chef prepared especially, which was a nice touch. The restaurant only seats 12 people, so it feels intimate, perfect for our occasion.

At the end of the evening, we spoke to Marianne to thank her for such a delighful meal. She was friendly and approachable, and seemed genuinely pleased that we had enjoyed her restaurant so much.

I would certainly recommend Marianne, it was the most amazing meal I have ever had and for a 40th Birthday celebration, it couldn't have been more perfect.

1  Thank Charlie262
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We visited Marianne for Sunday lunch and it was truly one of the best dining experiences we have ever had. Each course was so exquisitely presented & deliciously cooked. It was a real foodies' heaven. We must say the raspberry soufflé for dessert was to die for. We particularly enjoyed the warm welcome from all the Marianne staff, which was enhanced by the vibrant Sancerre white wine. It was good to meet Marianne afterwards & thank her personally. In our opinion, Marianne Restaurant provides a dining experience, which is 'par excellence'. It beats many a Michelin star restaurant hands down. We hope to return at the earliest opportunity.

1  Thank juddldsn