“Fantastic lunch”

Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic lunch”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

What a fantastic lunch. Excellent food with fantastic tastes matched by stunning presentation. Not too expensive for the quality of the food, and a small but good range of wines which were reasonably priced. Service was great, with friendly and knowledgeable staff in an intimate and friendly setting. We will certainly be going back.

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
London
“Very good”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Good food, good service can not complain, enjoyed the evening with my wife and our friends, highly recommend going here if you are in the area

1 Thank SSalah
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
“Simply divine”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

After some deliberation, my friends and I decided to opt for the 6 course tasting menu. I am so glad I did. It was simply divine! What a great way to sample a wide range of innovative, beautifully presented dishes. My absolute favourite was the heritage tomato consomme - clear liquid heaven!

Marianne is clearly a talented chef and her artistic eye is visible both in the food and the decor of her eponymous bijou restaurant.

That Marianne is passionate about food is perhaps to be expected, but what I was surprised about was how passionate all her staff were too. Their descriptions of the dishes were mouthwatering, and I was impressed by how they could answer any questions about provenance, ingredients or cooking methods thrown their way. That level of service is admirable.

All in all a wonderful experience. If you like a personal touch, creative food and elegant decor then I really think you'll love it there.

Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Genius”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Marianne opened last September and since I have been living overseas, I waited almost a whole year until I was able to visit this divine restaurant with my partner and best friend.
On entering the beautiful dining room, we were greeted by Francesca and Alexios, the maître d' and sommelier dream team, who looked after us so well for the evening.
Our party of three all elected the July tasting menu consisting of 6 courses. The Heritage tomato consommé with burrata, avocado, coriander and chilli was sensational. What followed was a series of exquisite culinary delights including foie gras and welsh mountain chicken terrine with French black cherry compote and Rainer cherry dressing, turbot with white asparagus and champagne sauce, fillet of Limousin veal with globe artichokes, broad beans and Scottish girolles, as well as a selection of fine cheeses and the outstanding soufflé of Macademia nuts and Oakchurch raspberries with sorbet and coulis.
At the end of the evening, Marianne came to have a chat with us and what a privilege it was to talk to such a passionate and lovely young lady, who has built up an impressive restaurant that surely must rival the best in the world. Marianne - you're a genius!

3 Thank Joolz R
Queenstown, New Zealand
“What a treat”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

After hearing of the new restaurant that has been taking all the foodies and celebs by storm, I had to book in (months in advance) and I must say the wait was worth it. First of all the staff are fantastic, very knowledgable and making us feel relaxed. I went with the July Tasting Menu and the wines to match. This I can not recommend enough as the fantastic pairing of food and wine was exquisite.
With the intimate setting, great food and wine, this has been by far my best restaurant experience to date.
Book now while you can as I am sure there are Michelin Stars in its future.

Visited July 2014