Shoreditch Inn
US$151
US$115
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstreet stationsmall hotelhackney roadmanned hoursgreat locationcontinental breakfastrestaurants and barsbrick lanedouble bedroommodern bathroomgood sizetea and coffee facilitiesmin walkclean hotelair conditioningnice roomlondon standards
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This hotel was really nice - perfect room, quiet, warm and very comfortable. Sparkling clean and fresh with 'wow' factor as you enter the room. Quality furniture and fittings. Soap, shampoo, lots of towels and even a bottle of water in the fridge. Price includes a great continental breakfast with lots of choice. The only thing that was budget was the price !

The staff were lovely and very helpful and I would definitely book again. Generous 12.00 checkout

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I have tried a lot of budget hotels in London and this is only the third addition to a list of hotels I would return to.

Our operations manager is great at finding good places in good locations and really came up trumps this time. This is a brand new hotel, decorated with high standards and without cutting corners. The bed was comfortable and I found the room well located and quiet. Also staff were very friendly.

It was about ten minutes from Old Street station which was great for me.

Only negatives are that the lift was not working yet (but stairs were fine) and the breakfast was continental only - nothing cooked.

But for the price, this was great value. I will be back whenever I need to stay near Old Street or Shoreditch.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Chris R
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed with my friend on a weekend trip to London. The Shorditch Inn is located a 5 minuet walk from lots of good bars and restaurants, this was perfect for us as it ment we didn't need to get the tube or cab home ( which can be a nightmare late at night )
The best thing about the Hotel has to be the 12:00 checkout.

Room Tip: if you are sensitive to noise rooms on the upper floors would probably be best.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Rebecca S
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed staying at The Shoreditch Inn. The outside of the hotel looks deceptively small from the road but don't let that put you off!
The room was a fantastic size, as does the bathroom, and with great extra features, like the in room personal safe and fridge. The rooms have been decorated in beautiful style and are wonderfully maintained.
The staff and manager we're all really helpful, and to say the hotel is a new and first time venture for the family, just goes to show you can do great things if you try!
From a practical perspective, we chose the hotel because it was near our conference venue, so we walked everywhere, and it's a fab central location for that with Spitelfields within easy walking distance. The lift was down and due for maintenance next week when we got there so double check if you have someone with restricted mobility before booking, and the king size bed we had in our room was very low, which we loved, but it might be a little harder for older people or again those with mobility issues.
All in all we loved it, and won't be looking elsewhere for accommodation in London again, we'd love to return!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Sam O
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Booked this for a one night stay. Advertised as having parking close by. Very misleading. On checking in we were given a print out of local parking. This included the chance to rent private driveways on a monthly basis. Not much use when you're only staying for one night! My husband tried 3 of the recommended car parks that were advertised as 24 hour, only to find they were closed. After driving around London in Friday night traffic for an hour, he finally found a secure car park that was 2 minutes walk from the place we were eating at that night, that was about 10 minutes walk from the hotel.

Meanwhile, I had checked in only to be told that thye lift was out of order and I had to carry my bags and cases up 6 flights of stairs to our room. The room itself was fine and I thought it was clean untill I saw the used soap in the dish left by the previous occupant. Not very pleasant!

I prefer a firm bed but this bed was very hard. After a shower I waited (in vain) for my husband to arrive on the chair in the room. This was not at all boring as I passed the time watching the curtain slowly fall to the floor as each curtain ring gave way!

Having said all this, the hotel served it's purpose. We would not have booked this room had we known of the parking issues. The staff we pleasant but obviously embarassed and were used to people complaining about the misleading parking availability. the receptionist said that in the daytime people parked at the hospital. I pointed out that when staying in a hotel most people neede overnight parking NOT daytime parking.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple