“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #72 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Meriden, Connecticut
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Service was 5 star. Bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever had in a hotel. Food quality was excellent. My only issue is that like many newer hotels there is no place in the bathroom to keep your toiletries.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

From the second we arrived I was blown away by the staff in this uber stylish hotel. I was greeted by name at the front door, even though I have never stayed before! Was it my accent or a Google fuelled image search in a morning staff briefing...I don't know, but it was sincere, warm and hugely impressive. I was on business and urgently needed help with a few arrangements and Harry in particular was a superstar...and it's not easy to shine when EVERYONE is excellent!!!! Check-in was equally charming. My room wasn't overly big, but it was very comfortable and didn't detract at all from a first class experience. Can't wait to return.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank John K
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Fabulous Hotel - Very Stylish & Chic. Location couldn't be better for those wanting a cool central London Location. I never seen so many smart good looking male staff with personality. Exceptional service, friendly and genuine without 'trying' to be cool! Just a great Hotel - What more to say? Oh - and loved the Bed Throw! :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SurfingTC
san francisco
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was my first edition I've been to of the Marriotts. I was very impressed with the hotel staff. They were very professional, accompanying and knowledgeable about the hotel. We were even given a tour of the private punch room, they let us kick back downstairs in the basement to listen to a House DJ spin, and then was able to sit at Berners Tavern for dessert. This hotel is very chic and swanky, it's definitely an A-list hotel and crowd.

I stayed at the Park Hyatt Place Vedome, Paris, and I felt that this hotel staff may be superior. They were very much like a Ritz hospitality. A great hotel for customers who like to have fun. The rooms were not bad. We had a standard room, and it was very nice and comfortable.

Room Tip: If you don't like your room ask for another one.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We absolutely loved the staff here. Family of 5 (3 late teens - 16, 19, 21). Food was excellent in the dining area. Staff was always smiling and willing to help. Ammendities were great. We have stayed in hotels from Paris, Athens, Rome, San Fran, NY and more...and this was by far our favorite.

Paul

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PaulGCan
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

From the moment I walked into this hotel, it was different. The lobby / lounge area was buzzing. The restaurant was full! Clearly, this is a popular place. Then the room itself. I liked the wooden floors and paneling, as well as the comfortable bed with multiple pillows. Although I didn't use it, the deep bath seemed luxurious. Lastly, the ability to stream my music and video to TV (using iPhone 5) was appreciated.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at The London Edition on Sat 24th May for one night with a 7 year old little girl as a special treat for us all. We were a little apprehensive that it wouldn't be a child friendly hotel as it is a boutique hotel but we couldn't have been further from the truth.
From the moment we arrived, the doormen helped us with our luggage out of the taxi and held the doors open for a very excited little girl. We were shown to reception and the first thing that hits you is the opulence of décor but without being tacky or ostentatious.
We had a little tour of the hotel with a lovely maître d who explained a little of the history of the hotel and showed us the hidden away 'Punch Room' (to be revisited next time when we are child free me thinks) and we were told there were 211 paintings in the restaurant - I'll take his word for it!
He took us up to our Deluxe Room which was lovely. 2 double beds, gorgeous walk in shower room with a fantastic shower, super soft robes and slippers, no detail had been missed.
We didn't eat at the hotel as we only had the day to fit in as much as we could in London but when we came back later in the evening, cookies, milk and strawberries had been left which was a really lovely touch.
We sat in the bar until late and even though we had a little girl with us, it really didn't matter. People were coming and going, either to eat in the restaurant and drink in the bar, and although it was full of people it didn't feel too noisy that you couldn't have a nice conversation without shouting. The bar staff came up with suggestions for drinks that a little girl could have and made her feel ultra special.
The beds were ultra comfortable - the best nights sleep we've all had in a long time! No noise from rooms around us, it really was a little haven.
On the Sunday morning, we wanted to go out for breakfast and have a little mooch so the hotel held our luggage for us until our return.
The location of the hotel was just perfect - just off Oxford St, close to Soho minutes away from a tube station
The staff on reception were so helpful and friendly with us all.
I know it isn't a cheap hotel to stay in but, personally, I think it is worth every penny.
We will definitely return (especially if my boyfriend gets to see one of the Arctic Monkeys like he did on arrival)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family