“Just what we were looking for!”
Review of Raoul's - CLOSED

Raoul's
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Gloucester, UK
“Just what we were looking for!”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Meeting a colleague for a part-friendship, part-business meal in the evening in Hammersmith, this fitted the bill nicely. Good choice, good food, good wine, good atmosphere, a quiet corner to talk, friendly service, people who understood we were not in any rush, it was just right. I would return here even if I was on my own, and certainly with friends if I was in the area.

to be honest, I have been to better, but for specific the occasion last week, this was just what we were looking for!

• Visited February 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Bean missing a good brekkie”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Really like the atmosphere, heated outdoor seats in winter, very cosy bamboo shielded area. The Full English is tasty, quality ingredients, bacon maybe over cooked slightly (re-heated?) but.. NO BEANS?? how can you have a breakfast with no beans? :( And i have to agree with last reviewer.. the service is a little blase.. which is a shame. I will go back, but I will not be tipping, sorry.

• Visited December 2013
London
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I have eaten breakfast here many times, and the food has always been great. It's not cheap but the products appear to be of great quality so I don't mind paying for good food. The service however, is shockingly bad. I must have eaten here 20 times and never once has a waiter even bothered to smile. I assume this is because service is included on the bill, and so there is no reason for them to care about customer service. I visited again at the weekend when a reserved sign was slapped on our table no more than 5 minutes after eating, despite many other tables for two being empty, and ours being placed in the middle of the restaurant so not exactly a desirable area. I had a feeling this was a rather strong hint to get us to vacate the table and so I wasn't surprised that this was removed upon paying the bill. I won't be going back to Raouls because I am sick of the terrible service, despite being a regular customer. When I pay nearly £30 for breakfast for two, I don't expect to be forced out or to be treated like an inconvenience. I would rather eat elsewhere where the staff can be bothered to smile and be courteous.

• Visited November 2013
“Consistent quality food”
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Neighborhood venue that is more reasonably priced than their neighbor, The Grove. Food consistently better, environment quiet and relaxing.
The starter with hummus, olives and chicken skewers is a nice way to begin your meal when you have a larger group.

• Visited November 2013
London
“Good local restaurant”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We enjoyed dinner here on two nights of our stay, and were even able to turn up at 6pm and request a table for 8 people easily. The food is good, with generous serves meaning good value for money. The coffee in the deli attached is also great in the morning!

Visited November 2013