Open today: 10:30 - 17:30
Review Highlights
Amazing Service!!!!

My husband recently bought me the most stunning diamond ring. We had bought our wedding bands here... read more

Reviewed 8 December 2018
Lisa G
Finest in Hatton Garden!

Having visited A&S on numerous occasions (over 6 years now) and many purchases made, I can honestly... read more

Reviewed 4 October 2018

from US$39.83
from US$74.69
from US$33.19
More Info
All reviews engagement ring hatton garden diamond ring different aspects explained everything diamonds jewellers purchase shop certified clarity retailers
Reviewed 21 August 2014

There are a lot of jewelers in Hatton Garden and it can almost seem like too much to choose from. I can certainly recommend A&S though.

I work in the area so over a couple of weeks I managed to visit a lot of them. I can say the following about A&S, in comparison to many of the others I found.

There were not pushy at any moment, nor did they give me any form of sales pitch. I felt like the advice they gave was both impartial and beneficial, and they were patient and happy to discuss styles and other requirements.

They respected my budget and adjusted at their end instead, rather than try to tempt me in to spending more. They were very helpful in helping me source the right diamond separate from the setting, and were then very prompt in assembling the ring.

The price I got was very competitive. It wasn't the cheapest quote nor the most expensive, but in making such a big decision it was their professionalism coupled with a decent price that swung it. Also, their post-sales services appear to be as you'd expect them to be.

Jon and Uri are both knowledgeable and friendly. I can only thank them for their help and advice, and I'll be going back for the wedding bands.

As for the ring itself? I think it is beautiful, but as the proposal is still to come, I can't yet confirm that the bait worked.

3  Thank JMSC11
Reviewed 20 August 2014

After many hours of trawling the internet looking at engagement rings we set off for London to look for the perfect ring...(although in hindsight I now realise we could have paired up a diamond with a ring to fit my budget - not that my fiancé had many plans to stick to the budget!)

On our first trip to Hatton Gardens we were set on finding a jewellery shop that we felt comfortable discussing our requirements. We narrowed down our search for the perfect ring to one of two shops but chose A&S because they set their stall out in their shop window. For me it was refreshing to know a lot of detail about the stones and rings we were looking at before needing to ask about them (...many shops pushed us away with pushy salesmen/women who came out to 'pounce' on us).

After timidly pointing out a couple of rings we were interested in we were very impressed with the service that was given. They sourced different styles of ring with similar diamond centrepieces so that we could compare the setting etc whilst keeping the diamond 'identical'. They were also more than happy to discuss different options for wedding bands and for us to try them on alongside the engagement ring so we could make a long-term decision for the pair of rings. They encouraged us to look at the ring in daylight and to read the laser etched GIA certified inscription on the girdle to put our minds at ease on the quality of the diamond on her finger.

All-in-all we left very happy with our choice and the after-sales service seems very complete - visit this store and you will not be disappointed! (they even opened a bottle of bubbly afterwards as the shop was quiet late on this weekday afternoon to continue our celebrations!)

2  Thank Jon H
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Recently I found that my engagement ring is magnetic. Bought it from their shop in hatton garden. My husband and mine wedding band are not.
This is worrying

8  Thank Sandra G
Jonathan S, Manager at A&S Jewellery Mfg Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.
The fact that your engagement ring is magnetic and your wedding bands are not is nothing to worry about and is easily explained. During the manufacturing process the fine platinum is mixed with different alloys to give the metal slightly different properties depending on the procedure it is about to undergo, some of these alloys are magnetic and some are not. For example cobalt is a common metal mixed with platinum for the manufacture of engagement and eternity rings and tungsten steel is often used in the mix to fabricate wedding bands – Cobalt is magnetic and Tungsten Steel is not. All of the platinum used here at A&S Jewellers is 95% pure; the purest form of platinum used in fine jewellery and is hallmarked by official government assay offices.
If you would like to read more information regarding visit this website http://www.platinumguild.com/files/pdf/V13N3_features_benefits.pdf.
I hope this answers your queries, if however you would like to discuss this further please feel free to come in store and we can explain it to you in more detail. Alternatively you can wait until your rings are next due to be checked, cleaned and polished; as part of the free annual after-sale service that we offer our clients.

Regards

Jon

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I went to Hatton Gardens with my fiancé a couple of weeks ago to choose my engagement ring. I was quite overwhelmed walking around all the shops, and we encountered quite a few pushy sales people and I was worried about knowing who to trust, and ensuring we weren't getting ripped off by someone just wanting to make a sale. As soon as I went into A & S I could tell that they really knew their stuff! Uri talked to me about the kind of designs I liked, and gave me loads of advice about which design and materials would be best without being at all pushy that I should buy from them. I trusted his advice completely as he seemed to love the business and want to impart his knowledge, rather than just make a sale. When I fell in love with a ring that was out of my price range, he told me not to worry, he could source loose diamonds within my price range and have the ring made up perfectly for me that afternoon! Within 2 hours I had a beautiful ring in the exact unusual design that I loved, that fitted me perfectly!!! Uri also gave us a great price on the ring and really did his best to make sure that we had an enjoyable experience, as well as making sure we had a ring that I would love forever, within our price range. I couldn't recommend them more highly, they were by far the best jewellers I have ever been to.

Date of experience: July 2014
3  Thank Annie B
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Having the task of looking for a yellow diamond engagement ring was hard enough. Uri and Jon at A&S couldn't be more helpful. They didn't have what I wanted in their shop but managed to source the stones I from various contacts they had. They knew what my budget was and were completely honest with me regarding the price. They could have easily oversold to me but were more concerned with the look of the ring.

Job well done guys!

I even even went back two weeks later to get her a birthday present they sourced within a day for me. I will be definitely going back again in the future.

Date of experience: July 2014