“Fabulous Service from A&S”

A&S Jewellery Mfg Ltd
Ranked #9 of 906 Shopping in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I can highly recommend Jon and A&S for their excellent service and all round professionalism. Having served a friend and long standing customer for many decades I was recommended to use them for my engagement ring. They haven't disappointed me, offering a varied amount of alternatives within a few hours of my initial enquiry, nothing is too much for them. Will be using them for many years to come !

Date of experience: September 2014
in 5 reviews
"clarity"
"retailers"

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Thank you John, Uri and co. for helping us pick out the most beautiful ring which you helped us create and design. You made the process extremely smooth for two novices not knowing what we wanted - your patience, professionalism, and service made this experience unforgettable and special for us. Compared to some other shops we checked out in Hatton Garden, you all were extremely welcoming and put us at ease straight away. We will highly recommend you in the future to any of our friends who are taking the leap!

Date of experience: July 2014
1  Thank Irelandaway
Reviewed 21 August 2014

There are a lot of jewelers in Hatton Garden and it can almost seem like too much to choose from. I can certainly recommend A&S though.

I work in the area so over a couple of weeks I managed to visit a lot of them. I can say the following about A&S, in comparison to many of the others I found.

There were not pushy at any moment, nor did they give me any form of sales pitch. I felt like the advice they gave was both impartial and beneficial, and they were patient and happy to discuss styles and other requirements.

They respected my budget and adjusted at their end instead, rather than try to tempt me in to spending more. They were very helpful in helping me source the right diamond separate from the setting, and were then very prompt in assembling the ring.

The price I got was very competitive. It wasn't the cheapest quote nor the most expensive, but in making such a big decision it was their professionalism coupled with a decent price that swung it. Also, their post-sales services appear to be as you'd expect them to be.

Jon and Uri are both knowledgeable and friendly. I can only thank them for their help and advice, and I'll be going back for the wedding bands.

As for the ring itself? I think it is beautiful, but as the proposal is still to come, I can't yet confirm that the bait worked.

3  Thank JMSC11
Reviewed 20 August 2014

After many hours of trawling the internet looking at engagement rings we set off for London to look for the perfect ring...(although in hindsight I now realise we could have paired up a diamond with a ring to fit my budget - not that my fiancé had many plans to stick to the budget!)

On our first trip to Hatton Gardens we were set on finding a jewellery shop that we felt comfortable discussing our requirements. We narrowed down our search for the perfect ring to one of two shops but chose A&S because they set their stall out in their shop window. For me it was refreshing to know a lot of detail about the stones and rings we were looking at before needing to ask about them (...many shops pushed us away with pushy salesmen/women who came out to 'pounce' on us).

After timidly pointing out a couple of rings we were interested in we were very impressed with the service that was given. They sourced different styles of ring with similar diamond centrepieces so that we could compare the setting etc whilst keeping the diamond 'identical'. They were also more than happy to discuss different options for wedding bands and for us to try them on alongside the engagement ring so we could make a long-term decision for the pair of rings. They encouraged us to look at the ring in daylight and to read the laser etched GIA certified inscription on the girdle to put our minds at ease on the quality of the diamond on her finger.

All-in-all we left very happy with our choice and the after-sales service seems very complete - visit this store and you will not be disappointed! (they even opened a bottle of bubbly afterwards as the shop was quiet late on this weekday afternoon to continue our celebrations!)

2  Thank Jon H
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Recently I found that my engagement ring is magnetic. Bought it from their shop in hatton garden. My husband and mine wedding band are not.
This is worrying

8  Thank Sandra G
Jonathan S, Manager at A&S Jewellery Mfg Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.
The fact that your engagement ring is magnetic and your wedding bands are not is nothing to worry about and is easily explained. During the manufacturing process the fine platinum is mixed with different alloys to give the metal slightly different properties depending on the procedure it is about to undergo, some of these alloys are magnetic and some are not. For example cobalt is a common metal mixed with platinum for the manufacture of engagement and eternity rings and tungsten steel is often used in the mix to fabricate wedding bands – Cobalt is magnetic and Tungsten Steel is not. All of the platinum used here at A&S Jewellers is 95% pure; the purest form of platinum used in fine jewellery and is hallmarked by official government assay offices.
If you would like to read more information regarding visit this website http://www.platinumguild.com/files/pdf/V13N3_features_benefits.pdf.
I hope this answers your queries, if however you would like to discuss this further please feel free to come in store and we can explain it to you in more detail. Alternatively you can wait until your rings are next due to be checked, cleaned and polished; as part of the free annual after-sale service that we offer our clients.

Regards