“A wonderful, homey place to stay”

Bay Tree House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 555 London B&B and Inns
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“A wonderful, homey place to stay”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

My mom and I recently stayed for three nights at the Bay Tree House B & B during what was my mom's first visit to London. It was a lovely experience! James and Janice are two of the nicest, most helpful hosts travellers could hope for! They went out of their way to make sure you felt at home. Janice offered excellent advice on how to make the best use of our limited time there. We were truly impressed and would definitely go back!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
23 Thank mjafernandez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Lyon, France
Reviewed 18 May 2012

You must go to the Bay Tree House Bed and Breakfast. Janice and James welcome you very well. Janice is a very good hostess and cooker (the breakfast are copius and various) and she helps you and recommends you on the visits to make. Our stay to them was very pleasant and we will recommend them to our friends.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
28 Thank LESLYONNAIS69
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 May 2012

This was the first time my husband and I were in London and it couldnt have been better! We rearranged our vacation just so we could stay here and we are very glad we did. We stayed 3 nights and Janice and James were incredibly accommodating and super helpful! Janice always had advice of where to go and the best way to get there (along with maps). She always offered us something to drink when we returned. The breakfast in the morning was amazing! The room was comfortable and clean. The house is a short walk from the Arnos Tube stop. We can't wait to visit again and see more of England!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
24 Thank Sarah G
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We are from Hamburg/Germany and went to this marvellous B&B for the second time. My 9-years old daughter would never allow me to book any other B&B. She likes James and Janice very much and they really pamper her. But not only kids. I felt pampered as well. Janice always has some special glutenfree products for me, as I am not allowed to eat normal cereal. The breakfast-table is quite an eyecatcher with all these luscious things (different sorts of fruit, cereal, jam, cold cuts, muffins and of course the deliciously cooked breakfast such as French toast, ham and eggs with all sorts of side order). It makes you feel like a princess…
And whilst having breakfast you can overlook the terrace/the garden, the conservatory is very cosy, all the books which you can read whilst nicely sitting there… I could go on and on like this but I think everybody got the message that this is a unique place. I love England very much, but without having found this beautiful B&B, I would quite miss a big deal…. 

Room Tip: We love the "blue room"! Was perfect for my 9-years-old daughter and me (one big bed)
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
29 Thank Angelina1011
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

My fiancée and I are from Singapore, and we stayed in James and Janice's beautiful abode for three nights. We must say that their B&B is ranked número uno in London with good reason...

It's not for the fact that James n Janice have a lovely house, full of character yet homely and comfy at the same time - characteristcs of a great B&B. It's not even because Janice is such a fantastic cook, plying us with gastronomical delights each morning (hence the title) and saving us the need to spend a couple more quid for lunch. The main reason for them being número uno is their outstanding hospitality and kindness, and it kept us warm for three cold London nights...

Thanks J&J, and we'll be back the next time we come up to London... :)

Lav & Fen

Stayed April 2012
28 Thank EnigmaticEntity
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 2 May 2012

My husband and I were very pleased with our chance find of the Tree Top B&B in the small village of Arnos. It was around the corner from the rail system Station and only about 25 minutes from Liverpool Street in downtown London. Unmatched hospitality and the house was lushly decorated. Out of the five B&B's rentals in Europe this far exceeded any others. I would recommend this to all visitors.

Room Tip: There are two rooms with in-room bathroom and our bathroom was just outside our bedroom door.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
28 Thank Mauiruth
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed here over Easter and I can't say enough good things about the place or James and Janice. From the moment you book your room, James and Janice make you feel as if they are your good friends you've known your entire life. They will answer each and every question about London, the tube, or whatever, in great detail. Upon arrival, we found our room immaculately clean, as was the bathroom. The B&B is literally one block up, and one block over from the Arnos Grove tube station on the Piccadilly line. Although it is about a 25 minute train ride to central London, don't sweat it, the money you save over a more central location is well worth it. Especially since most people would agree that the best part of Bay Tree House are its hosts. James will keep you laughing while Janice serves up the largest breakfast I've ever seen. You will not need to eat again until the late afternoon. If you do get hungry and happen to be around the house, James and Janice will offer you tea and refreshments and enjoy chatting about whatever interests you. I appreciate that they have an unlimited Skype account so that you can call back home to your loved ones for free, almost wherever you live in the world. Wi-fi was greatly appreciated also. Their solarium makes even a rainy day a nice place to hang out to enjoy your English tea. Don't even hesitate booking with them, you will not regret it. In fact, the next time I plan a trip to London, the first thing I will do is book a room with them. If they have no vacancies, I will reschedule my trip. That's how much I loved this place.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends