“Back for the first time in over twenty years”
Review of Oakwood Palace

Oakwood Palace
Ranked #16,337 of 23,689 Restaurants in London
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was a frequent haunt when I was a student more years ago than I care to remember. We were probably always a little worse for wear after an evening in the union bar in those days, but I have some good memories of the Oakwood Palace. So passing by chance the other evening we thought we would give it a go for old times sake. And it was pretty much as I remembered. Unpretentious, friendly staff, decent food, and reasonable prices. It was also full of obvious regulars which is is usually a good sign. Recommended.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is a Chinese Restaurant that I used to frequent regularly when I was young. So many Restaurants to choose from that I somehow drifted away to newer places. However I recently needed somewhere to eat with guest from abroad late at night (11 pm) and this is near to where I live. So glad I popped in to eat. The food was great and a very reasonable price. Decor is a little basic but if it's value and tasty food you want this is a good place. I will be returning in the future.

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

We had a nice meal here and have ordered a takeaway from them Lois of times. Each time the quality has been good, reasonable prices, good delivery times and the food has been reasonably warm. Would recommend it.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I go frequently with my partner. Always have great service. Food is always lovely and so are most of the staff. Restaurant is a bit run down and toilets are horrible. Good value. Unless going earlish on weekends, make sure you book as they always have people waiting for tables. When they are busy they seem to take the phone off the hook for take away orders. Never had a problem myself :)

1  Thank Jennifer990
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

The staff are lovely, the food is great, fantastic with children. We eat in here and drive to her takeaway as we are not in their delivery area. We must drive past at least 10 Chinese takeaways to get here. The woman who works on the takeaway ordering desk/bar is so friendly and great with kids. This place is a little jem

1  Thank Jo C