“Fantastic place- highly recommended!!”

Qbic Hotel London City
Ranked #107 of 1,088 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Fantastic place- highly recommended!!”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Just about to check out and I have loved my stay so much that I thought I ought to squeeze in a review!!

Great value, so much so that I wasn't expecting much. However, I was pleasantly surprised...

Pros:
Great shower
Great bed/sleep
Free (easy to access) WIFI
Very close to Aldgate East tube station
Decor in the room and around the hotel was great
Great culture around the hotel
PRICE!!

Cons:
I could get the 'Smart' TV to work- I wanted to Skype my son but gave up in the end (channels were fine, just the smart bit)

I must admit, I was expecting some kind of hostel-style hotel... But this was not the case. Please try!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (630)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stayed here last night. As a business traveller and someone who owns their own I was looking for clean, safe, welcoming, comfortable rooms with WIFI, hair dryer and somewhere near the City. On that criteria this hotel cannot be beaten. Add to that the additional treat of a funky slightly off-the-wall decor and this stay was a treat. I shall return!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank KiwiKid59
Norfolk
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night (4 of us with 3 separate rooms). Everything was immaculately clean, staff friendly, excellent lounge with free tea and coffee. Check in was simple (nobody seemed to use the automated terminals though). We checked in before 2pm.

Price compares to low budget chains and this felt like something completely different. We really felt like the staff wanted us to be there and enjoy everything on offer. When we got back - sadly kebab-less! - after our night out there was (delicious) bread on offer for a late night slice of toast.

The rooms are functional not luxurious but had everything you could need for one or two nights including a better hairdryer than mine at home! We stayed on the third floor and gather that the minimal amount of noise we heard from water gushing down the drainpipes boxed in to the corner of each room got worse the lower down you are - it didn't bother me at all but our friend on the first floor said it was noisy.

Overall it was a great new find and one I'd wholeheartedly recommend. Also look up Chez Elles - brilliant French restaurant just round the corner on Brick Lane.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
London, England
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Hotel is great, and incredible value. Room was top notch, and the bathroom was decent. Breakfast was fine. I'll be back without a doubt.

My one gripe is over communication. The hotel has no phone and does all its communication via email or Facebook, promising a quick response. That simply didn't happen in my case, and only after a long delay and repeated messages did I get a response to a query. Once I was in touch with the staff they couldn't have been more helpful, but it soured my overall experience. They need to get a grip on this, and fast - either install a phone or make absolutely sure that messages are replied to quickly (like within an hour at the most) if they want to avoid irritating people.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on the 3rd.and 4th Jan 2014. The hotel was good value and was located close to the tube station.
We were allocated room 113 next to the VERY noisy lift shaft. We didn't sleep a wink either night as the noise was constant. Have completed a refund form with the person on reception.and was told I would receive a call, nothing! Have sent an email to chase this up, nothing! Looked for a phone number, nothing! Great shame as the hotel on the whole is nice, but feel dissatisfied at the rudeness of not having a call back from someone!

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank chelle3187Mi
Lichfield
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Great hotel , very different to the normal hotels we have stayed in . Staff at reception very friendly and helpful. Room was functional not very big or anywhere to place clothes. Bed was very comfy with lovely quilt albeit needed to be a bigger size . Bathroom was nice but no real privacy ! No sound proofing from other rooms either but for one nights stay it wasn t a real problem. It was nice having the coffee machine on level 4 . Breakfast was fine for free which consisted of cereal bars , fruit and juices. Very handy for tube station or walking down Brick Lane . Reasonable price for a hotel room in London will definately stay there again .

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The hotel had only been open for 5 weeks - the staff were really friendly and the hotel is really quirky, great if you have a car as they have a carpark. I like that they have free coffee/tea makers on each floor. The room we had was large and had the bed was super comfy. The only flaw with this hotel is a design floor in the build - the waste and water pipes run through the back of the beds - whilst the rooms are sound proof from noisy neighbours this is lost when when any floor above you takes a shower, using the toiler or tap as it goes down through each floor and was super noisy. I was not happy though that I did not receive a booking confirmation from this site and that my bill was higher than it should be - I won't blame the hotel I blame this site.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Isabelle S