Qbic Hotel London City
US$258
US$191
Priceline
3,713 results
All reviewsbrick lanequirky hotelaldgate east tubefun roomhose pipefun hotelfree tea and coffeewindowless roomrain showerno windowcomfy bedliverpool streetgreat showergreat roomthe ground floortower bridgeunderground station
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I have been staying in QBIC hotel during my business trip to London in April 2014. i would not say the hotel is bad, but it leaves much to be desired

Location: no complaints. The hotel is close to 2 undeground stations (Aldgate and Aldgate east); the Tower Hill is in 20 minutes walk approximatelly, a couple of supermarkets and cafes are located in the area.

Staff: no complaints. all employees have been very friendly and helpful, they were always ready to answer the questions, give directions, share informations and so on.

Rooms: at first we have been given a tiny room with no window and a shower with a door that would not close at all. there was not enough space there to put a suitcase! no table, no chair, no bedside table, no nothing. We have asked for another room and the very next day we have been offered a spacious and sunny room with huge window at the ground floor. If you do not mind seeing people passing by your window, the room is a perfect choice for you. Designed for the disabled, it has a lot of space to offer, both in the bathroom and in the living room.

Design: nice and eye-catching. all rooms have more or less the same style and look quite pretty. The hotel generally has an atmosphere of a hostel - relaxed, trendy and modern. A lot of remarkable details in the lobby will catch your eye and make you stand for a while. The best thing - beds are great!

Additional details. I would not say the rooms were very clean. I would not however call them particularly dirty. But i did not feel espesially comfortable walking barefoot. The breakfast is horrible. Both expensive and not tasty. It generally offers a choice of bread, bread and again bread. And some fruits. I would recommend to take a perfect english breakfast at a small cafe in the White Chapel High Street right across the park. It is 3 minutes walk, but it is really worth the effort.

Room Tip: please pay attention! rooms without windows are way too small to stay at and there is no air inside, so you would probably feel like in a cell. ask for rooms for disabled people. these are quite spacious and much more comfortable
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Paola L, Guest Relations Manager at Qbic Hotel London City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Eugenia,

Thank you for your review.

We are very apologies for the unclean room you have experienced. We will speak to our housekeeping team and make sure that the rooms are inspected and are clean.

We are very sorry that the breakfast was not as you expected it to be. We take all our guest feedback very seriously and want to advise you that we will look into the breakfast options. We always try to make sure that everybody is pleased during their stay.

Thank you for your feedback and hopefully this will help to try to make up for the issues you have experienced.

Kind regards,

Paola La Monica

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Myself and my partner stayed for 2 nights in this hotel. Although the rooms were basic, they were indeed very clean with excellent comfortable beds. The lounge was very modern and we loved having the free tea/coffee whilst relaxing (excellent touch). As previously mentioned in other reviews, the area is totally different from west end, but i much prefer the east end, therefore this was not a problem for us. The hotel is just a couple of mins walk from east Aldgate station and just off Brick Lane. Our only gripe with hotel is when you left luggage there was no receipt, therefore you had to inform the staff of your belongings by pointing them out (just worried as anyone could walk in and claim other people's belongings, due to having no proof). Overall, I liked hotel a lot and have booked a visit for November for myself and family :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cheryl075
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I enjoyed my stay - the bed was comfortable, lots of TV options, great location, friendly staff, attention to detail, very strong wifi.

The negatives - the room had no windows, with bad air circulation. The corridor was noisy and room keeping was little OTT.

Overall - good. Great place for dinner - Miss Chu right by the tube.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank polkangur
Reviewed 29 March 2014

As others have said the outside is not attractive, it is a bit edgy but you do have to remember you are in the East End. It is very close to lively Brick Lane where I was attending a bike event last night (28th March) All night was shouting outside, sirens, Police helicopter overhead, went out for an early bike ride, beer cans, bottles and rubbish all over the small Altab Ali Park outside. The reason for all the sirens soon became clear with large quantities of blood all over the pavement just around the corner by the Boris bike park. I was accused of being an undercover 'cop' by a 'lady' in a flat doorway as I walked past. The staff were as friendly as any other hotel, the vending machines were great if you were caught short from soup to condoms, from mouthwash to tampax. I was little brassed off to having to pay for breakfast as an extra having paid £124 for my room. Shower was ok but it is just a flipping shower...bed was ok nothing to warrant the sample of the mattress in the corridors. Now the loos...I don't want to lie in bed and hear someone else flushing a loo that sounds like it is going to land on your head. I was on my own but no privacy in the bathroom if you had company. The loo was to close to the sink and shower door so very hard (and I am not fat) to reach behind so to speak. The idea of this hotel is great.....not sure it quite works. would have perhaps been more fun in a group. I have put location as good but remember you are not in the West end.

Room Tip: At the side or back, this was noisy but if you were on white chapel road forget any sleep.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank VexedFoxy
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Found this little gem to stay at for our Anniversary. Couple of minutes walk from Aldgate East & within easy walking distance of Brick Lane & Shoreditch area. This isn't an all singing all dancing 5* hotel, this is budget accomodation - but they have got the essentials correct.
For what we needed this was ideal, bed was a really comfy Superking(could've done with a second pillow), awesome rainfall style shower (just let it heat up for a bit) & free tea & coffee - although this was my one issue as I didnt fancy walking to the machine in my PJ's for a coffee when I woke.
Will stay here again & would happily recommend it!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple