“I used to like Chipotle”
Review of Chipotle

Chipotle
Ranked #4,047 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I used to like Chipotle when it opened here & so did my partner. But she told me that she'd had an awful meal at another Chipotle branch in London.

So we tried it again for lunch with a friend. We couldn't have soft tacos (tortillas) for some reason - in the sense that they wouldn't serve us with soft tacos! So we has burritos. They were not good. The wrap was cold; the fillings were slopped together into a wet mass.

We won't go here again

Reviewed 30 May 2014

While in Baker Street, I thought I would try this American restaurant as I have heard great things about the image and taste.

It has to be said that the burritos are amazing with a choice of 4 meats, white or brown lime and coriander rice, a few salsas and two types of beans.

It is expensive for lunch at around £7, but you do get a sizeable burrito that will keep you from hunger for the rest of the afternoon.

Also, the service was excellent, if a bit like a "Subway" production line.

I would try them again and recommend this location.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I first got a taste of Chipotle in the US, it was delicious and flavorful without that greasy aftertaste one invariably gets with most Tex Mex burritos, owing perhaps to the fresh and organically sourced ingredients it touts in its signages. London's Chipotle still has that clean, non-greasy burrito goodness but seems in need of a little kick in terms of taste. Good thing, their Tabasco rack has the usual red, Jalapeno green and my favorite smoky Chipotle, to add the missing flavor.

There's always a line here but it moves quickly. It's understandable given it offers great value, even with add-ons like guacamole. The burritos are hefty and filling and it opens till late at night.

If you're looking to eat on a budget or give your wallet a break in expensive London while not feeling deprived, this is the place.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was looking for a filling and tasty meal after a long day traveling, and Chipotle hit the spot. Though the room was kind of noisy and a bit hard on the ears, the staff were friendly and expedient, and the food was great for the price. I had a chicken burrito with the hot salsa. Recommended.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I can't deceide how I feel about Chipotle, the decor is very stark and minimialist, its not the sort of place I would sit and chat with friends or go out after work for a meal. More a fast food eat and leave.

The food itself is very good, as you walk in you join a "production line" and are asked several questions as your food is freshly prepared in front of you. At a first visit you may find it a bit over powering as it isn't clear what the options are. Be careful of the Guacomole, its an expensive addition.

So I have mixed feelings on Chipotle, a great place when you want some filling food, before or after a few drinks out! But not the sort of place I would go to with friends for conversation over a meal.