“food to live for”
Review of Augustine Kitchen

Augustine Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Augustine Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,277 of 22,671 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$38
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Clapham / Battersea
London, England, United Kingdom
“food to live for”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This restaurant is not a long walk from where we live in Battersea, but we still get a bus to get there earlier. Today we had invited our friend Clare for lunch. Tony and I have been there a number of times since our first visit, for which I had posted a review on TripAdvisor. We value Clare's opinion and were delighted to find that she was just as smitten by the chef-patron's prowess as we are. Tony had a marvellous duck terrine with prune and ginger marmalade to start with while Clare and I had delicious girolle mushrooms with smoked duck. For mains, Tony had calf's liver with shallot and vinegar sauce and a bowl of heavenly mashed potatoes, while Clare and I shared a rib of medium rare beef with roast garlic and dauphinoise potatoes, rich in cream. For dessert Clare had the tarte de jour, which was a mixture of red berries on a baked square of shortbread and Tony and I had the rum baba with white rum. This was a sensationally good meal from a French chef at the height of his powers. You don't have to live in Battersea to eat here but you're daft if you don't.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Denis M
Augustine K, Manager at Augustine Kitchen, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you once again for another amazing review! And also thank you for bringing new customer to our local restaurant. See you soon. AK

“Amazing food! We will be returning soon”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was my first visit, I chose the restaurant on the recommendation of a friend and I wasn't disappointed. I visited with a group of female friends most of us had the three course set menu. I feel this is very good value as the food was fantastic. I had pea and coconut soup to start which both tasted and looked great, then lamb shoulder which had a perfect texture! For dessert I had chocolate mousse, it was served in a chocolate shell so it looked very special and tasted just as good! The caramel sauce poured over the top was also delicious. I felt the staff were friendly yet professional and attentive, which is something not many restaurants seem to get right. Overall it was a great experience and I would encourage other people to visit, as the food is just so good. I'll hopefully be going back soon with my partner.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Sarah S
Thank you for this wonderful feedback! Our team is truly glad to hear that you have loved our restaurant! Looking forward to many other visits of yours.
New York, New York
“Outstanding Restaurant! Just Go!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The passion, creativity and experience of the chef is demonstrated in the food served at Augustine Kitchen. We've tried a number of the dishes on on menu and they were all outstanding, so much so that we licked the plates. The lentil salad was particularly tasty and the pork shank was the best I have ate. The wine list is excellent offering good value and great vintages. The service was flawless. A great little gem that should be on everyone's "must go to" list. Our new favorite place in London.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank PermanentNomad
Augustine K, Manager at Augustine Kitchen, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Hi there,

Thank you for visiting us and so good to hear that you found it so satisfying. We have recently extended our wine menu so there is a lot more to be discovered..

Welcome back soon!

AK
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Heaven Food!!! Excellent !!!!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I didn't know where to go for dinner last Saturday . A bit tired of Central London, the crowd the waiting for a table and some time rude staff!
A friend recommended Augustine Kitchen. we had a Fantastic evening , Heaven food , friendly staff made us feel welcome and beautiful wine list too!! I almost forgot the desserts oh my god!! You can't miss it
Thanks to chef Frank and all the team
Juli & Paul

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Juli M
Hi Juli,

Thank you for writing about us here on Trip Advisor.
We are glad that your friend's recommendation lived up to your expectations!

We do indeed try with a more personal/local approach here and it's great to hear you enjoyed it so much.

Looking forward to your next visit.

AK
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is an incredible restaurant serving what is, in my opinion, the best French food in London. The staff are fantastic, the prices are reasonable and the food is absolutely delicious.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Georgia P
Augustine K, Manager at Augustine Kitchen, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hi there, Thanks for writing such an encouraging review, we appreciate it a lot, hoping to see you again very soon! AK