“Loved it !”
Review of Augustine Kitchen

Augustine Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Augustine Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,143 of 22,822 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$39
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Clapham / Battersea
St Albans
“Loved it !”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I was the first to arrive and had a lovely chat with the staff and the chef who happily shared his knowledge on cooking. The girls were delightful, intelligent and attentive throughout the night.
We were there with our daughter, her boyfriend and his parents who were visiting from Italy. The Italian lady is apparently an excellent cook and she rated the food, the presentation and the house wine very highly. We all agreed.

I had the Cassolette of snails (first time I have eaten snails and I really was pleasantly surprised)
followed by the Rack of lamb with gratin dauphinois.

A wonderful evening - thank you

Top parking tip

I always find spaces to park on Elcho St, postcode SW11 4AU.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank WhitGe
Augustine K, Manager at Augustine Kitchen, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
We are delighted by your review. The chef and his team are always happy to have a chat with the customers. We are glad you had a wonderful evening.
Also, thank you for the parking tip, it will be usefull for our existing and new customers. Hope to see you very soon! AK

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous food. And delivered a superb birthday party for 30. Thank you”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We've been here a few times and it's always been great food and service. So we had my birthday party there. You're always worried that large numbers will change the standards but NOT at AK, the good was superb,from canapés to dessert. We pushed the boat out with champagne canapés and 3 courses but definitely good value. Everyone said it's was fabulous and we made a great atmosphere as everyone was able to mix and sit comfortably. Wonderful service, so professional and unobtrusive and friendly. And Franck is a master.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Alice B
Thank you for your beautiful review and for celebrating your birthday party at Augustine Kitchen. The chef Franck is glad to hear, that the food was fabulous. We hope to welcome you back again soon! AK
London, United Kingdom
“Creamy and dreamy lobster soup”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Augustine Kitchen is a little out of the way but is definitely worth a trip. I have been there twice and each time the food was amazing. In particular the lobster soup was delicate and beautiful and a little piece of heaven. This place deserves to do really well.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank JGarner44
Thank you very much for your review! We are hoping to see you soon. AK
London, England, United Kingdom
“food to live for”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This restaurant is not a long walk from where we live in Battersea, but we still get a bus to get there earlier. Today we had invited our friend Clare for lunch. Tony and I have been there a number of times since our first visit, for which I had posted a review on TripAdvisor. We value Clare's opinion and were delighted to find that she was just as smitten by the chef-patron's prowess as we are. Tony had a marvellous duck terrine with prune and ginger marmalade to start with while Clare and I had delicious girolle mushrooms with smoked duck. For mains, Tony had calf's liver with shallot and vinegar sauce and a bowl of heavenly mashed potatoes, while Clare and I shared a rib of medium rare beef with roast garlic and dauphinoise potatoes, rich in cream. For dessert Clare had the tarte de jour, which was a mixture of red berries on a baked square of shortbread and Tony and I had the rum baba with white rum. This was a sensationally good meal from a French chef at the height of his powers. You don't have to live in Battersea to eat here but you're daft if you don't.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Denis M
Thank you once again for another amazing review! And also thank you for bringing new customer to our local restaurant. See you soon. AK
“Amazing food! We will be returning soon”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was my first visit, I chose the restaurant on the recommendation of a friend and I wasn't disappointed. I visited with a group of female friends most of us had the three course set menu. I feel this is very good value as the food was fantastic. I had pea and coconut soup to start which both tasted and looked great, then lamb shoulder which had a perfect texture! For dessert I had chocolate mousse, it was served in a chocolate shell so it looked very special and tasted just as good! The caramel sauce poured over the top was also delicious. I felt the staff were friendly yet professional and attentive, which is something not many restaurants seem to get right. Overall it was a great experience and I would encourage other people to visit, as the food is just so good. I'll hopefully be going back soon with my partner.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Sarah S
Thank you for this wonderful feedback! Our team is truly glad to hear that you have loved our restaurant! Looking forward to many other visits of yours.