“Another Great Stay”

Ranked #21 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Orange County, California
“Another Great Stay”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We had our second stay at the Soho over the New Years holiday and it was another great experience. (Feel free to check out my prior review from a few months back.)

We again booked a Junior Suite, this time requesting a room on a floor higher than 2. The hotel accommodated our request no problem and as a result we had more to look at out the windows.

As with the prior stay, the room was large with a sitting area with couch and chairs, a desk and a very large and comfortable bed. Of the 4 hotels we stayed at during this trip, the Soho’s bed won for comfort, hands down. Bath was again great with double sinks, separate tub and shower.

On this stay, we did make sure to get massages which were nice. However, the hotel really does not have a separate spa. The treatment rooms, although fully equipped, are just off the gym and were a bit noisier than we would have liked. It was also clear that the spa treatments are subcontracted out and the process was not as seamless as you might hope, though booking the appointment was extremely easy (handled by the Concierge).

The Concierge crew was also very helping in booking transportation which was important as one of the nights we were there was New Year’s Eve and certain road were restricted. The Concierge was very good about researching the issues and getting us where we wanted to go and back.

I won’t reiterate all of my prior detail about the design, etc.

In short, we had another great stay and highly recommend the Soho.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SarahInSoCal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
nyc
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I tagged along with my husband on a business trip to London and stayed at the Soho Hotel for the first time (we had previously stayed at Firmdale's Knightsbridge Hotel). The service is ridiculously over the top accommodating - almost as notable as just how lovely the hotel itself is. We stayed in a deluxe junior suite the first two days and switched to a smaller room for the last 2 -- I would definitely stay spring for the suites -- the regular rooms are, ummm, petite (but still beautiful and functional). We were able to get 10% off from some design hotels discount, so it would be good to look into that before your trip. You can't beat the location. The room service is excellent. One of the warmest, most service-oriented hotels I have ever visited. I will certainly return.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kannm
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Was in london over new years combing business with a little fun to hang out with some relatives and participate in some lively shenanigans and thought the soho looked very nice from their website.

Well the website does not do this place justice. Great staff, wonderful room (got a junior suite) which was very large and comfortable. Great bathroom with really nice water pressure.

The hotel is really clean, the staff eager and friendly and the bar/restaraunt area really, really lively.

It's not cheap but then again nothing in london is but you certainly don't feel as if you're over paying as the whole experience makes the price worth it.

My one complaint if you could call it that is that the bed is almost too comfortable. I found it really hard to get out of bed in the mornings and could have spent the entire day being a lazy slob just lounging but London is not the city for that.

Have one night in london coming up, and won't be staying at the soho for that quicky but for my next week long trip to London I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Just go for it and get the junior suite you won't be dissapointed.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ramblinAmerican
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I stayed at the Soho for 5 nights during a business trip; office was about a 15 minute walk which was nice. While the room , a jr suite was very nice, clean and comfortable, there were a few things that bored me: not enough outlets to charge all of ones devices. I used the one at the desk for my iPad but had to awkwardly charge my bl'berry on the night stand which was very small and cluttered. Bathrooms were nice,esp the beautiful tub but that boring granite that's everywhere! For a designer hotel, they couldn't come up with something more attractive? But the main complaint - even tho there were 2 sinks which is nice, there was little if any space to put one's toiletries. And the magnifying mirror which I need because I'm nearsighted, was a tiny thing way down on the sink that you had to crouch to use. An afterthought no doubt. I had to go back and forth to the closet mirror so that I could see what I was doing. For $450 a night, this should not happen. But there were very nice features- the included breakfast was very good, healthy and full of options. The ability to open the windows of a hotel room is always a plus; service overall was friendly and attentive, the Refuel restaurant was good and I felt comfortable as a woman traveling alone, eating there. The decor in the sitting areas was a refreshing change but sometimes it seemed to be trying too hard and didn't always come together in a cohesive way. At least not for me. Having said all of that, I think I'd stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 January 2012

This hotel is moments away from everything we wanted - Oxford street for shopping, covent garden markets for street artists, pubs and clubs and the west end for a show.

Every member of staff was warm and personable. We updraded to a delux junior suite and loved it's spacious feel and modern yet functional decor. The bed was huge and comfy.

Facilities here are wonderful. The bar/restaurant was an enjoyable place to be and buzzing with people and atmosphere. The guest library and lounge are also worth a visit for a little something on a rainy wintert day when you want to hide fron London's weather!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank flashpacker001
Paris
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I often stay at the Soho Hotel when I travel to London. The staff is so nice and helpful, all the rooms are exquisite and have different designs. The bar is often crowded and has a really good feel. The cocktails are amazing and the location is absolutly the best.
The only "downside" might be the breakfast that isn't as good as all the rest so you would expect great food but it's still pretty good.
I have been going for a few years and will continue on my numerous trips to London.
I highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank tissiou
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2012

My wife booked us in overnight as a treat on my birthday.
We had the penthouse which was absolutely Amazing!!! Huge room and living space, which led out onto an equally huge private terrace.
I'm from London so dont tend to stay in hotels in town but, have nothign but good thinkgs to say about this place.
Breakfast in Bed was great as is the bar for evenign drinks.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple