“Fabulous rooms. Good Service. Great Location”
Review of The Soho Hotel

The Soho Hotel
Ranked #18 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 June 2012

With 5 star London hotels having premium prices currently, we took the plunge to stay here, and very pleased and happy that we did! Photos on here and the website do not do the rooms, bathrooms, bar and open spaces justice. Probably the nicest rooms we have ever stayed in (not tried a Mandarin Oriental or Four Seasons). Decor and design is superb, finish is quality, and the young staff throughout the hotel are genuinely keen and interested in making your stay pleasurable. Some very nice little touches. Cocktail bar is vibrant and busy. Breakfast was great. Wifi was good. Communal space very pretty. If you want a hotel that is beautiful yet discrete; comfortable and useable yet modern, boutique but not pretentious, 1 minute from vibrant Soho and all that offers then look no further. Cant wait to stay here again

Room Tip: We were able to book a few days beforehand to get best value
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jump32

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Three night stay in town with the wife and no kids - this is the perfect hotel for it. Location was perfect, room and service excellent (in particular the latter from the concierge to the restuarant to room service). Food for breakfast was fantastic and good value (we had a deluxe room with breakfast included) and had lunch a couple of times which was equally good. In sum, loved this as a hotel, the trendiness not getting in the way of simpy good service. Def going back one day.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Princesslucia
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We have just returned after an overnight stay, having bid for tickets at an NHS charity ball!!

The decor is unique and in modern day speak so out there!!!! From check in until leaving the service was efficient and friendly!! The staff are trained to a high standard with excellent polite helpful manner, nothing was to much trouble. Our room and bathroom huge and of a lovely quality. The bar area relaxing and later in the evening gets a buzz of activity, nice evening out but if you like quiet there is the Library and quiet room which are excellent. The food and bar service excellent and excellent quality and the breakfast was relaxed and plentifull.

We are saving hard to go back there we loved it !!!

Room Tip: Room 208 lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2012

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. I'm guessing the management are just good at recruiting really nice people! Nothing is too much trouble, everyone seems genuinely pleased to help and the quality of service is way above normal UK standards; a real contrast to other similar hotels in cometing at this level. The public areas are very pleasant, food and drink is reasonably priced, its very central and yet remarkably quiet. A real find.

Room Tip: Dont waste your money taking a cab, everywhere is very close.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Clive G
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I wanted to not just like this hotel, but to LOVE it--alas, love is out of the question, but like is still possible. First visit, I asked for a "quiet room" because I've reached the age when an afternoon nap is no longer a luxury, but a necessity. Anyway, the first room they put me in had construction going on just outside my window from 7:00am to 6:00pm, non-stop (don't these people eat lunch?). Second room, was not only quieter, but much grander and but they charged me a hefty sum for the upgrade! Worse, for the 9 days of my stay, housekeeping did not approach my room until 4:00pm at the earliest and 2 days there was no housekeeping at all; when I asked at the desk they practically accused me of lying since their records indicated no break(s) or lateness in service! Then they insinuated that I must have had the Do Not Disturb doorknob hanger out and I said that would have been difficult since there was no Do Not Disturb doorknow hanger for this room. But then the manager came up to the front desk and said that they'd try to make up for this by sending a bottle of champagne and bisquits to my room, no charge. Unfortunately, I had to catch a Eurostar to Paris that day so he offered me a free ride to St Pancras instead. In short, they seem to TRY, but when a guest tells them about a problem (late or no housekeeping service), they should be believed and not made to feel like they're untruthful or exaggerating. I may go back someday for that bottle of champagne, but it's unlikely.

Room Tip: Don't book thru the internet. Call the hotel directly before you leave home with EXPLICIT instr...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
8  Thank Bozzart
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Noticed Made In Chelsea just filmed here, so it MUST be cool! We met a few friends here for drinks after work, and it was buzzy without being too noisy, lovely decor and a good table service, fun!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2012 via mobile

We have stayed one night to try The Soho London. Our experience was spectacular starting from check-in till the check-out. We loved our room. It was spacious, bright and comfortable. The lounge areas in the hotel are very cosy and pleasant. We did not have any meals but the breakfast was very distinctive. In fact I could go back only for the breakfast. I also would like to mention that we have received exceptional service by the reception staff specifically I would like to praise Rita Kiss who tried her best to our stay memorable. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed: June 2012