“Amazing as always.....”
Review of The Soho Hotel

The Soho Hotel
Ranked #18 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Stayed for 2 nights.... The standard of this hotel is simply amazing, a lot of other places could learn much from them. So clean, beautiful comfortable beds, pillows and linen. Might even bump into a 'star or two'. Like honesty bar in the beautiful drawing room. Great location.... Very efficient and friendly staff couldn't do enough....we'll be back soon, thank you.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,531)

Reviewed 8 October 2012

I went here when I was on placement with Sky News, merely for a one day stopover involving interviewing lots of high profile movie figures. I cannot remember whom, but I do remember how absolutely amazing this hotel is.

I'm not one for posh, expensive hotels. Generally speaking, I think the concept of a luxury hotel is a little decadent. Ultimately, a hotel includes the same basic features - a bed to sleep/eat/have sex in, a toilet to wash/urinate/all of the previous in, and some kind of Ikea based incidental furniture (to do whatever the hell you like with).

Crude? Maybe. But let's face it - that is the basis of most hotels, whether £40 or £400 a night. The Soho Hotel, though, is different.

Staying here is an experience. The hotel is beautifully decorated, arranged perfectly, and has a feel to it like no other. You somewhat forget you are in Soho, only a short walk away from the London bustle. The rooms are stunning - roomy, airy, light... There are simply not enough superlatives to describe this place.

The staff are helpful, many going above and beyond what I'd expect normal hotel staff to do for you (e.g. endless help with moving all my camera equipment, which they really did not have to do). The food is also incredible. Admittedly, we were treated to a finger buffet only, but this was pretty good.

Still at almost £300 a night, I suppose it better be good hotel. Well, it is, so I'm sure it justifies it to someone with enough money.

I'm pretty sure I will never return, not because it is terrible (far from it), but because I will never afford it. But I have always held the pleasurable experience of the Soho Hotel in my heart ever since.

[NB - Sadly, I cannot rate the Spa etc. as I did not use it]

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Stayed 5 nights in September, after you get over its "hidden" location(no grand facade here), you enter a world of contemporary elegance that would set the standard of any Art hotel as well as having attentive service and a location in party central.If you like the the hip, trendy but sophisticated scene, you are in heaven.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank vasilios k
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Everything is done to a high standard including each room. However it lacks individuality, sure it uses bold colours and patterns but it still ends up feeling like any large generic hotel. Their own website gives the impression of being a small hotel, but it's not, it's big! Lots of rooms and big restaurant. Still, it's a great location (and no noise despite it's location!) and you can't fault the quality or cleanliness.

Reception staff was friendly and attentive but restaurant staff lacked both.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank MrGolightly
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Very nice hotel in an excellent location in the centre of Soho.
Well proportioned and appointed room, shame about the wallpaper and the shabby chic furniture ... please...
Beds and pillows very comfortable, perhaps a little too soft. Super marble bathroom.
Food in the restaurant not so good, however breakfast excellent!. The kitchen is open to the restaurant (and bar), quite noisy!
Stay again...you bet!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My partner and I lived in London for 12 years and returned in August this year after a years absence. We treated ourselves and stayed at the Soho Hotel for 10 nights. Yes, it is a little on the pricey side but totally worth every penny. From the moment we arrived our whole stay was fantastic.

The staff are all so very professional and friendly and always made us feel so very welcome....10 days is a long time to stay in one hotel in a large city! The hotel is so beautifully decorated and is spotless at all times....a credit to its owners and all staff. Our room ( had a beautiul view of the Shard) was very large and always serviced beautifully - great bed and always stunning fresh linen. If we requested vases or ice buckets...nothing was any trouble. This for us was truly a great experience and the location being close to Soho and all the fabulous restaurants and public transport is perfect.

The only downside was that each morning the breakfasts (included in the rate) were probably about the best I have ever had...hence now on a massive diet. The Soho also has an excellent restaurant and cocktail bar as well as beautiful areas to relax off reception....also a very well equipped gym. To 'check out' and have the feeling that we could have stayed easily for a lot longer says it all! I still miss it......

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2012

My trip was in May 2012, so this review is kinda late. What can I say.....that place was awesome. Not cheap, but I knew that when I booked, and it definitely lived up to its expectations. Clean, modern, comfortable, and in a great location. I went for a junior suite bc the trip was for two of us. plenty of room.....the room was huge. service was excellent. Ask and you shall receive. Concierge was very helpful in getting 2nd row seat to Dutchess of Malfi. We could've gone to others but time ran out. If you enjoy the soho location in London, I can't imagine a better place to stay. One warning, this hotel is accessible to numerous subway lines, but if you take a cab to a show, restaurant, event, etc....give yourself plenty of time (as you should anywhere in London).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo