I returned here for a stay recently, after a 5 year absence (whilst I tried other hotels). The hotel itself has been maintained nicely and is still looking very fresh.
A couple of down points:
1. I had a package that had "free wifi". But it seems to me that all guests get free wifi- so not really a feature.
2. We have an "upgrade subject to availability" package. Again, there was no attempt to provide the upgrade to us, we had to ask if it was available and were told not. To be honest, I got the impression that they had no intention of providing the upgrade (unless they were 100% certain that they could not rent the room)- although I am sure management would just say that they are only able to "subject to availability" and they were full!
3. Breakfast was a problem, both in room and in their restaurant. We ordered in room the first morning and it arrived in a timely manner but was pretty cold (full English). The second day we thought we would go to the restaurant in search of a proper warm full English. We had to wait for a table, wait for our tea and coffee and food was barely warm again. The staff seemed "hassled", I assume because they were busy.
Other positives remain, good location but for the price- I think I will return to Cafe Royal or somewhere similar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Soho Hotel has 96 individually designed bedrooms, suites and apartments and is situated on a quiet street in the heart of London's entertainment neighbourhood. The Soho Hotel is situated in a quiet street between Dean and Wardour Streets in the heart of London's entertainment neighbourhood. It is surrounded by some of London's best restaurants and bars, vibrant cafes and most exciting theatre and nightlife. Leafy Soho Square is a one minute walk and the city's business district is within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Soho Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soho Hotel London