“Great spot to plan a luxury theatre break”
Review of The Soho Hotel

The Soho Hotel
Ranked #17 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

The Soho is a great hotel in a perfect spot for easy access to pubs, restaurants and theatres. We went to see "I can't sing" at The Palladium and it is an easy 5 minute stroll away.

The hotel is stylish and modern but at the same time very warm and full of character. The staff's service levels at top notch and also match the relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

We recommend this hotel and are looking forward to also trying other hotels in the Group.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ivor A

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed here last weekend (11th April 2014)

What a superb hotel to stay in!
Rooms are beautifully appointed. Bathrooms big and luxurious. Staff very attentive and the hotel is in an excellent position ,being approx 250 yds from the nearest underground station so easy to get to all London's attractions, and the theatres on nearby Shaftesbury Avenue. (We walked to the Gielgud in a few minutes) (A new underground service "the Green Line" is being constructed at the moment, with the new Dean Street station being even closer).

The bar at night is extremely busy with a good "buzz" to it.
We were out for dinner, but breakfast was awesome, freshly cooked and hot. and ( a bonus for us at least!) no tea bags!! Real tea lovely!

Nothing but praise for this hotel ! - It certainly deserves its position as one of London's Top 15.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful and some even have their original "colour and fabric boards" frame...
4  Thank Jeanette H
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The hotel was exceptional, in a great location, was beautifully designed and the service was incredible. We had someone show us up to our room and give us a mini tour before we went up to our room. The hotel staff were all incredibly professional and friendly and I really felt welcomed here.

The room was wonderfully furnished with the biggest bed I had ever seen, and it was so comfortable as well! Had a fantastic bathroom with all the facilities you would need for two (and for the girls, an AMAZING hairdryer!).

I had booked this hotel for one night for my partner's birthday and had put that on the information, thinking they would perhaps wish my partner a wonderful birthday - instead we got a free room upgrade and 2 glasses of champagne along with a plate of chocolate that had happy birthday on it. They really bent over backwards to accommodate us during our stay.

Although this hotel is pricey, it's definitely worth the price and I would recommend to anyone who is wanting a special occasion to be that extra bit special.

3  Thank Kimjtwee
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This was our last stop in a multi-city tour of Europe and The Soho Hotel was clearly the best place we stayed at, compared with five others in the same price range. The staff was highly friendly and professional and the hotel was extremely well designed and beautifully decorated. The room was spacious and very well equipped (as an audio buff, I noticed the Bose and Tivoli sound systems). While the hotel is in one of the liveliest areas of London, it is situated in a very quiet small cul-de-sac off Dean Street, so it is absolutely quiet. We used room service for breakfast, which was very good and delivered timely. We also had dinner once at the fine restaurant downstairs and gave it good marks overall despite the noise from the lively and beautiful crowd at the bar. In sum, this is a hotel that will figure prominently among our choices in our future visits to London.

2  Thank Antonio F
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Great hotel!
Bit expensive, but excellent.
Went for a romantic weekend and had the best time.
Decor, cleanliness and room were perfect. Staff were very attentive and the lounge was just amazing.
Such a cool hotel and such event people.
The only slight downside was that the bar was too popular and I didn't really like the other people there - but then you can't have everything.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank John R
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Whenever I'm in London, I always book a room at the Soho. Since first staying in the hotel, I've only booked elsewhere when there was no availability. I love the rooms, feel of the property, and the location could not be more ideal.

I live in the US and, at one time, traveled to London on a somewhat regular basis. After my first stay, I don't think I was ever asked my name again. Even if months passed between trips, the concierge and front desk staff immediately recognized me, remembered my preferences upon walking into the lobby, and once brought up some aspect of a conversation from months past. I once lost my glasses in a restaurant in Soho and mentioned it to the concierge in passing before checking out. Given the time constraints in catching my plane, I chalked them up to a loss. Much to my surprise, the concierge took it upon himself to walk to the restaurant, find my glasses, and ship them to my offices in the United States. The glasses actually beat me home! That level of attention to detail and service culture is apparent in everything the Soho does, from afternoon tea, to drinks at the bar, to the way the cleaning staff greet you in the hall.

Without any reservation, I 100% recommend The Soho Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank j-redfearn-m
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I normally pick a hotel for the facilities and location. But having stayed before, I will now continue to stay here for the staff. From reception to housekeeping) nothing was too much trouble, the restaurant waiters were the most attentive. Really pleased and will recommend to all friends and family.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple