“Cool, stylish luxury”

Ranked #22 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Milan, Italy
“Cool, stylish luxury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

What is not to like?!. I've stayed a the Charlotte Street hotel before but this was my first time at the Soho. Amazing reception area, brilliant staff and the rooms are a delight. Stylish, very comfortable and very quirky. There is absolutely nothing not to love about this place. And they make incredible eggs benedict at breakfast too. Can't wait to come back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tim W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

The Soho Hotel is an excellent hotel in every way. It is small, the staff extra friendly, and David the manager goes out of his way to make one comfortable. The rooms are large with floor to ceiling windows that bring in welcome light.There is a spacious desk and lots of electrical outlets for charging. Ask for an electrical converter for your ipads and such plus and they'll bring up two. The bathroom is roomy with plenty of space for your cosmetic bags and a roomy shower. The bed is comfy and large, the pillows perfect. I asked for a quiet room and got one. The gym has every machine one desires and there is a screening room which shows films every Sunday. Definitely a favorite hotel, as is every hotel of the great Firmdale Hotels.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank laurensd1111
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Tucked away down a lane off buzzing Dean Street, the Soho Hotel feels like a design savvy, cosy and comfortable sanctuary. Traveling solo, I love to be in spaces that i feel "at home" in, and this definitely fitted the bill. I stayed in a suite with double floor to ceiling windows which was just amazing. The room was large and very comfortable. I was even inspired to unpack for a change, hanging everything in the wardrobe, making me feel even more at home. The bathroom was very spacious and with all the modern comforts that you would expect. the staff were excellent in all aspects, even assisting with a problematic wifi connection on my mobile phone. Location wise, it doesnt get much better than this for the soho restaurants and nightlife and access to regent and oxford street in walking distance. the restaurant and bar at the Soho are also excellent and get pretty busy. There is also a secret residents lounge where you can drink and nibble all you want 24h and its all charged to your room. slightly dangerous but a very nice perk indeed! On this occasion, I had to cut my trip short, but i will definitely be staying here on my next London jaunt.

Room Tip: The suites are awesome!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank EdanaSchul
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed at the Soho hotel this weekend for 2 nights with my husband and 19 month old.

Everyone we encountered from the porter, concierge, house keeping, reception team and restaurant staff welcomed us and most importantly (for us) welcomed our small son. We were looked after well in the restaurant and the little master thoroughly enjoyed the kids menu fish and chips. Finding the gift of a book (That's my monster) for him in our room was the perfect touch, particularly as we'd been to the Natural History Museum and all he wanted to do was roar like a dinosaur. Its with thanks to the whole team that we had a very enjoyable stay and look forward to a return visit in the future.

This was our second stay at the Soho Hotel, really recommend it.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor with a small balcony which was ace
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Peagreen98
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I spent a week at this wonderful hotel and I did not want to leave!

The staff were more than helpful and extremely friendly (I arrived early in the morning fter a long flight, and they made a plan to make sure my room was ready so I could settle in as soon as possible - rather than hanging around for hours).

The rooms are very spacious and beautifully designed. The bed was so comfortable that getting up in the morning was a bit of a struggle - but I am not complaining!

My favourite part of my stay however was the location. This is unbeatable if you want to be out and about in central London. It is close to tube stations (Tottenham Court and Leicester Square) and bus lines so getting around is not a problem.

Its is also located nearby some amazing bars and theatres - if you're out to party and experience the nightlife, this location is a winner. Restaurants and bars are around every corner and the night time buzz along the streets is electric.

Because of the trendy area the hotel is in, you're more than likely to bump into or see a few celebs casually having a drink and one of the nearby bars.

One of the best birthday presents I could have bought myself - although expensive, it was totally worth it. Any other hotels in London will be hard to beat this one.

I look forward to going back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Chevara N
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I met a friend today at the Refuel restaurant , we did not have a booking and upon arrival we observed a very busy restaurant. We were greeted within minutes of arriving and although we did not have a reservation we were seated straight away. The gentlemen that seated us introduced himself as Francisco and went on to offer us juice ,hot beverages as well as mentioned the special of the day. We opted for the eggs royal as well as the ATM bagel which I must say was absolutely fabulous. We also ordered two cappuccinos and though we waited a bit for our drinks they were worth waiting for. We were amazed at the attention to detail through out the breakfast even though the restaurant got very busy at one stage and looked if it could prove challenging at times we did notice that the manager was taking care of the food expediting as well as clearing tables and greeting and seating guest and together with the team did not let the ball drop once. This was our first visit to Refuel restaurant , atmosphere great ,food good and service top's we will most definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank 46Natalie
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We have stayed at the sister hotel, The Crosby in NYC, many times, and wanted to stay at the SoHo on our recent trip to London. The staff at the SoHo were so great, even baking us especially the cranberry muffins we love from The Crosby. The concierges were extremely helpful, getting us theater tickets, directing us to restaurants in the area, helping us in every way possible. The location is great and quite lively. We were there over a bank holiday which felt like a three day-long street party. We could walk to lots of museums, parks, easily get by Tube to the locations further out. We loved this hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple