The Soho Hotel
US$181
US$429
US$230
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$196
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$302
US$251
US$237
Official Site
1,557 results
All reviewsfirmdale hotelsrefuel barkit kemphonesty bardean streetdeluxe junior suitefilm clubfirmdale groupdrawing roomham yardluxury roomroom serviceafternoon teabottle of champagnebeautiful roommini barperfect hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2009

This is a hard review to write because, inside the walls of the hotel, this place was splendid. The staff were friendly and courteous, the decor outstanding, and the room (junior suite) lovely for a discounted price. Furthermore, despite what was going on outside, the hotel was quiet although without meaningful views out of the windows. However, SoHo may be an attractive location for some, but it was not for us. Yes, it is near theatres, near restaurants, and near many, many pubs. And more pubs. But this upscale hotel is not in an upscale area, and it seemed a real mismatch. The streets were jammed with cars, people, noise, etc. If you want to be part of this scene, SoHo is for you. But it isn't for us. So we recommend transplanting this hotel brick by brick to Mayfair or some like place. It would be truly perfect!

P.S. High speed internet was $30 per day!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BFBoston
Reviewed 7 April 2009

I am struggling to think of a hotel that I have stayed at that I have enjoyed more. This place has it all. The only one very very minor gripe that I have is that we asked for a bucket of ice to be bought up which it was, very promptly. However the guy that bought it hovered for a tip and gave me such a filthy look when I didn't. As this isn't the USA, I don't tip in hotels unless something absolutely exceptional has been done. I especially don't tip in top rate hotels - if they're not paying their staff properly then something is seriously wrong.
That aside, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the room was probably the best I have ever stayed in - so classy. The bathroom was absolutely spotlessly clean as was the rest of the room. The minibar was the best stocked, including half a bottle of Krug!
The hotel is not cheap by any means, but I thought it was good value (we took advantage of their Sunday Siesta rate, booked direct with the hotel) - with this you get a glass of champagne on arrival, milk and cookies at bedtime and breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richp
Reviewed 6 April 2009

My fiancé and I just returned from a quick 3-night getaway to London and we stayed at the Soho Hotel. We had high expectations based on reviews we’d read here, and we were NOT disappointed. The staff was wonderful; so helpful and friendly. They managed to track down a converter box for me so my straightening iron would work, without me even asking them to. Our room was large, bright, and comfortable, and the bathroom was also enormous and spotless. We had breakfast only one of the mornings we were there, but it was very good and we were pleasantly surprised to find it was included in our room rate. One night we ate a late dinner at the bar after seeing a play and it was really yummy. My only complaint was that the cocktails at the bar were a little weak and small for the price, but that wasn’t really that big of a deal. The location was also fantastic- we didn’t pay for one cab during our stay because we could walk everywhere we wanted to go. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay at the Soho Hotel again!!

Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2009

This place exudes quality and understated class. From the moment we walked through the door we felt at home. The staff are amongst the best in the business - efficient, friendly, thoughtful and above all helpful. The rooms are simply superb; colourful, well equipped, comfortable and spotlessly clean.
Breakfast is fresh and well prepared. Try the fresh juices and the day's special - how many hotels can claim to offer a breakfast special ?!! The lounges are a great place to relax and the bar is as lively as the cocktails are good.
Thoroughly recommnded - even at these prices. A boutique hotel of the highest order.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter084
Reviewed 13 March 2009

We booked a deluxe bedroom at this hotel.
The hotel was very well located in little italy, what ever there is left of it.
We went to see Jersey Boys at the nearby theatre, again this was very well located.

We arrived at the hotel with our car where we were welcomed by the doorman. He kindly arranged for our car to be parked at a nearby car park.

When we checked in, we were suprised that they upgraded us to a huge 2 bedroom luxury apartment which you would loose yourself in.
There was 2 king bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, an unused kitchenette with bar, extremely large lounge, hallway, includIng 3 TVs, which we didnt really watch.

The Cocttail bar was very impressive, with a big selection of wines, champagne and coctails.

The breakfast was well cooked and served, but they do not make perfect espressos, a minor issue.

The restaurant ,looked pretty good although we didnt dine in the hotel that evening as there were many restaurants within a few minutes walking.

A very relaxing, centrally located London hotel, in a quiet mews within a bustling outdoor area of London.

from