“Just perfect.........”
Review of The Soho Hotel

The Soho Hotel
Ranked #18 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 April 2009

Stay for just one night which was a short break for myself and my husband. The location is just perfect. Staff are friendly and professional. We only ate breakfast which was just excellent. We stayed in a luxury double room which was just perfect. We returned after dinner and a show to the bar to sample the cocktail menu....really enjoyable.Would highly recommend. .

1  Thank Phiureen
Write a ReviewReviews (1,528)

Reviewed 16 April 2009

What more could a couple want then a beautiful room with attentive service in an amazing location in Soho. The hotel staff were impeccable and went over and above the call of duty on several occasions including running out to buy me complimentary bubble baths and walking us personally to a wonderful dimsum restaurant. Every staff member was thoughtful and personable. I would love to go back.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelstheworldagain
Reviewed 14 April 2009

This is my 4th stay at the soho hotel now and while i love the place i just dont think its as good as it was a couple of months ago.
The room was fantastic still, the decor is amazing. The service has gone down a notch especially room service and the breakfast service in the restaurant. Always loved being told the breakfast specials, juice ect, during my last stay these touches did not happen.
I will still return as i love the location and concept but i just hope it can be what it was.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2009

Love this hotel and the reception, concierge are spot on. Location is great for the theatres and oxford street and to be honest cabs aren't that expensive considering.

Major gripe - 1st morning for breakfast it took half an hour from ordering the teas for them to arrive, then the rest of breakfast arrived really slow. (there were 4 of us).

We thought it was an off day, so the next morning we arrived for breakfast at 9.45am and we got out at 11.15am. We only had standard breakfast on the menu, it was really slow poor service which brought the otherwise 5 star down to 3 star. I heard some other guests saying the service was also slow. I'd recommend without the need to go to the refuel breakfast bar.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2009

This is a hard review to write because, inside the walls of the hotel, this place was splendid. The staff were friendly and courteous, the decor outstanding, and the room (junior suite) lovely for a discounted price. Furthermore, despite what was going on outside, the hotel was quiet although without meaningful views out of the windows. However, SoHo may be an attractive location for some, but it was not for us. Yes, it is near theatres, near restaurants, and near many, many pubs. And more pubs. But this upscale hotel is not in an upscale area, and it seemed a real mismatch. The streets were jammed with cars, people, noise, etc. If you want to be part of this scene, SoHo is for you. But it isn't for us. So we recommend transplanting this hotel brick by brick to Mayfair or some like place. It would be truly perfect!

P.S. High speed internet was $30 per day!

2  Thank BFBoston
Reviewed 7 April 2009

I am struggling to think of a hotel that I have stayed at that I have enjoyed more. This place has it all. The only one very very minor gripe that I have is that we asked for a bucket of ice to be bought up which it was, very promptly. However the guy that bought it hovered for a tip and gave me such a filthy look when I didn't. As this isn't the USA, I don't tip in hotels unless something absolutely exceptional has been done. I especially don't tip in top rate hotels - if they're not paying their staff properly then something is seriously wrong.
That aside, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the room was probably the best I have ever stayed in - so classy. The bathroom was absolutely spotlessly clean as was the rest of the room. The minibar was the best stocked, including half a bottle of Krug!
The hotel is not cheap by any means, but I thought it was good value (we took advantage of their Sunday Siesta rate, booked direct with the hotel) - with this you get a glass of champagne on arrival, milk and cookies at bedtime and breakfast.

1  Thank Richp
Reviewed 6 April 2009

My fiancé and I just returned from a quick 3-night getaway to London and we stayed at the Soho Hotel. We had high expectations based on reviews we’d read here, and we were NOT disappointed. The staff was wonderful; so helpful and friendly. They managed to track down a converter box for me so my straightening iron would work, without me even asking them to. Our room was large, bright, and comfortable, and the bathroom was also enormous and spotless. We had breakfast only one of the mornings we were there, but it was very good and we were pleasantly surprised to find it was included in our room rate. One night we ate a late dinner at the bar after seeing a play and it was really yummy. My only complaint was that the cocktails at the bar were a little weak and small for the price, but that wasn’t really that big of a deal. The location was also fantastic- we didn’t pay for one cab during our stay because we could walk everywhere we wanted to go. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay at the Soho Hotel again!!

Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple