The Soho Hotel
US$245
US$418
US$358
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$196
  • Restaurant
Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$383
US$197
US$197
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$90
1,558 results
All reviewsfirmdale hotelsrefuel barkit kemphonesty bardean streetdeluxe junior suitefilm clubfirmdale groupdrawing roomham yardluxury roomroom serviceafternoon teabottle of champagnebeautiful roommini barperfect hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights for the May Bank Holiday weekend. We had booked a Junior Suite but were upgraded to a 2 bedroom apartment which was huge! Everything about the room was wonderful, the furniture, cleanliness, the HUGE bed!
The location was excellent, within walking distance of main shopping areas. We did travel a lot by taxi and just had to ask and one was there for us.
We ate the tapas menu in the bar which was great, 5 items for £20, just enough for 2 people with cocktails (which were delicious!). Service was good and even though the waitress did spill a drink on me when cleaning our table she was full of apologies and replaced it immediately.
Even though this is a top class hotel and favoured by celebrities (we sat next to Jerry Springer!) the staff treat everyone the same and made us feel special all weekend.
We had champagne and cupcakes in our room upon arrival (champagne as part of the May special, cupcakes just as an extra!)
We travel to london 5 or times a year and have stayed in lots of '5 star' hotels but never returned to any of them (except the Sanderson for cocktails!!) but we will be back to the Soho Hotel, in fact I cant wait!!

4  Thank Jingham
Reviewed 24 May 2009

We recently had the pleasure of staying at the Soho in London. Right from the checking in to the checking out, it was a wonderful and enjoyable experience. The staff were attentive, very helpful and the service was quick without being rushed. The rooms were wonderful, spacious and good value for money (I am comparing this to Manhattan where there is also limited space, our room at the Soho, for the same amount of money was much larger than any we have found in New York). This certainly will be the hotel that we return to in London. It is also in the centre of the city and very close to tube stations, so transportation is easy, and of course there are also taxis.

3  Thank Jane24104
Reviewed 23 May 2009

Truly spectacular and I love the film club. It is very expensive but the food and drink is the best in London. The staff are cold but are precise and polite. Big down size of hotel rooms is there’s no tea or coffee making facilities. So for any one who likes a tea/ coffee through out the day expect to have too pay £4 a cup.

2  Thank pinkpagan
Reviewed 23 May 2009

My husband and I stayed at The Soho Hotel for 8 nights in May for vacation. We chose the hotel due to the positive Tripadvisor reviews. We were not disappointed one bit. The hotel is new, clean, modern, and trendy. We had a luxury room, which was spacious, comfortable, and most importantly, clean. The room had a nice big bathroom with Miller Harris toiletries. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. The concierge staff were available 24/7 and extremely helpful and knowledgeable. We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant at least 4 times. Breakfast was good and came out quickly (unlike some of the other reviews regarding the timeliness of the breakfast). Although breakfast was a bit on the expensive side, we thought the food was very good. In terms of location, we loved it. It's in the heart of Soho, which is pretty much in the center of London. We walked to pretty much all the major sites (great exercise) from the hotel and only took the tube a few times during the entire 8 days we were there. With its location in Soho, we also had restaurants, bars, shops. nightlife, theatre, and people watching right outside the hotel. We are very happy that we chose The Soho Hotel and plan to stay here again on our next visit to London.

1  Thank JKuo
Reviewed 9 May 2009

I cannot rate The Soho Hotel enough. I know it is expensive and I had read the reviews on here and had heard some negative things about not being treated too well if you're not a fancy celebrity but I can honestly say I have never been treated so well-and I have stayed in many hotels around the world. I brought my husband here as a 30th Birthday present and chose the Soho Hotel for a number of reasons. Firstly, I am disabled so struggle to walk far and wanted somewhere central which didn't mean continuously needing to navigate tubes etc. The second was I wanted to treat my husband to a weekend away and it was a treat. We got upgraded to a junior suite which is decorated exquisitly, the bed was delicious and the bathroom was lovely. Clean towels, lovely turn down service every night and I am afraid I do enjoy the little nice touches like the sprays for the pillows at night and aromatherapy sprays etc..my husband was not so impressed at this..but he did love the birthday cakes they gave us which were so delicious. The breakfast was gorgeous as was the service every morning. The extras are slightly over priced (a granola was about £5.50) but thats what you expect in such a lovely hotel and its not as if you can't wonder to the shops and buy it relatively cheaper in a flash! We went to the honesty bar one evening and that was a nice touch, although there were people watching most of the time so i am not sure how trust worthy they are of their customers! The best part about this hotel though are the Concierge. They are so efficient, reliable, knowledgeable, helpful and have such a lovely sense of care and humour! We needed a taxi and had a car to drive us to our restaurant by the time we had walked downstairs. It is touches and effort like that which made me sign the bill with a huge smile and walk out of the hotel thrilled to have been lucky enough to stay there with my husband and have such a fantastic time.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple