“you get what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Olympia

Hotel Olympia
Ranked #1,002 of 1,090 Hotels in London

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Hannover, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

This was the worst hotel I´ve ever been in. And I´ve seen alot. Roof room had about 35 degree C° at 9 pm, the door to the bathroom could only be opened with a srewdriver, The windows were dirty and full of condensed water. On my arrival I had a pigeon feather on my pillow. A look out of the open window showed why. Pigeon [--] all over. The room was so dirty as if it was last cleaned 1980. The ordered wake up call simply didn´t happen. But the worst thing was the bed. [--] disgusting !!! (see pictures). NEVER again !!! Mates take care of your health and spend some punds more.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BurghardA
Portsmouth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

My wife who is 6 months pregnant stayed in this hotel last night. She was appalled by the general condition and hygene in the hotel on arrival but chose to stay since it was only for one night.

She was woken at 3am by the presence of a RAT IN HER ROOM - my wife grew up on a farm so knows the difference between a Rat and a Mouse. When she complained, she was told that the only other room available was infested with bed bugs but she could have it if she wanted.

When another couple checked out, she was offered thier room and told by reception that they could lend her a rat trap if she wanted to go in that one!

Having chosen to spend the remainder of the night in the relative safety of the reception area, she then witnessed the hotel hand the keys of 'the rat room' to a newly arriving guest, knowing the sheets were unchanged and that there was a rat in the room.

Unbelievable in this day and age - an utter disgrace.

Room Tip: Dont stay here unless you want bed-bugs and rats in your room
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank Will P

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

I was supposed to stay at the Cromwell Crown but they moved me to the Olympia. No advanced warning. No explanation. No assistance with getting to the other hotel The location of The Olympia was excellent but:

The Wi-fi only extends to the reception area so there were about 5 of us huddled with our laptops on our knees. No privacy what so ever.
The breakfast cost £10.98 and was litterly cornflakes or weetabix, coffee or tea. And there were no tables left to sit at so I had to eat it in my room.
I had an interview the next morning and the hotel lent me an iron but did not have an ironing board in the whole of the hotel.
The heat in my room at night was scorching even with the window wide open. I only got 3 hours sleep.
There was constant noise all night.
The bathroom door locked itself when you closed the door. The bathroom fan had an unbearable screech to it.
The TV didnt tune in and was from the 1970s.
The cups for the coffee in the room were plastic cartons.
The staff were utterly useless and seemed resigned to the fact that customers would complain.

The owners are lazy, greedy, charlatans, god help them if I ever met them.

AVOID THIS HOTEL LIKE THE PLAGUE. IT IS DISGUSTING IN EVERY SENSE.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank peaco1000
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

It has all been said before - I stayed here with my wife to fill a gap in our itinerary - we took a chance. BEWARE THIS HOTEL AND NEVER, EVER STAY HERE. Little insects flying around the basin, grimy furntiture, dated, mouldy, smelly, filthy, fetid, appalling customer service and I could just go on.... Remember Fawlty Towers? That place was luxury in comparison! And this place isn't even cheap!!!!! AVOID AT ANY COST - you would sleep better on a cardboard box in the park over the road!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JudeDudes
Sofia, Bulgaria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

We had never experience anything like that before. We were badly bitten by bed bugs. At the moment we have skin infection caused by bed bugs. I do not need to explain the suffering that this caused and continues to cause to my family.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank alanis_perseva
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2011

After reading reviews on the internet of this hotel, i was dreading my stay. All i thought was bed bugs, dirt and ignorant staff, but it is totally the opposite. I was actually pleasantly surprised when i reached this hotel. I stayed in a room on the same floor as the reception and it was fine. The receptionist helped us with everything we needed and was very friendly. Our bathroom was absolutely spotless. The room was clean and so was the sheets on the bed. I had a great nights sleep and wasn't bitten by anything. The breakfast was basic but was done fresh when you went down. For the price we payed i cannot complain at all (45 each for 2 nights in a double room) + the location was excellent, its about a minute walk from the tube station and about 10 minutes from the olympia (which we needed). Round the corner are lots of different food places to eat. i would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends