“Fantastic staff in hostel style 'hotel'”
Review of Hotel Olympia

Hotel Olympia
Ranked #994 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Teignmouth
“Fantastic staff in hostel style 'hotel'”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

The staff here, particularly Disha and Valy, should be working in a 5 star hotel - they are the best hotel staff we have ever come across! They couldn't do enough to make us feel welcome, and were so helpful at all times.
The room was pretty dreadful. Drab and way too hot (no air conditioning), dirty curtains, stained carpet and the tiny loo stank of stale cigarette smoke.
The bed was comfy, though there were strange paint stains on the covers.
There are no tea and coffee making facilities in the room, but a hot drink dispenser is in reception. However, you get 'whitener' to put in your drink which is foul stuff, and should be thrown to the back of Room 101 forever more!!
I really feel for the staff because they are truly exceptional. If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have stayed for more than 5 minutes, but because of them, we stuck it out for two nights.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I stayed here for one night on a leisure trip to London. I have had my share of bad, smelly hotels in London and in other places, but this one really takes the cake! I was almost afraid to touche the bed and the smell of new paint and mold made my throat dry.

That said, the place is cheap and in a really convenient location, so it can be used as a place to crash for a night, if you don't mind sleeping with your clothes on.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Reviewed 26 May 2013

I was travelling in London and booked a budget hotel, which appeared to be Olympia Hotel at Earls Court Square. The building itself was already a big disappointment the closer I was getting to it. The small reception had few staff in it, all gents but in spite of that I had to carry my suitcase on my own to climb the stairs. The room was tiny, TV didn't work, it definitely needed refurbishing and bed had torn mattress on the side and it looked as if it was burnt. Shower was the best part though. Would never book a room there if knew what was going to expect me there.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank frostedpalace
Great Malvern
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Stayed at this hotel last weekend for the FA Cup final. Weren't bad for 1 night. Turned up at the hotel at 1 pm knowing we asked to book in at 2 pm. They allocated us a room straight away. Not much view from the bedroom, but the beds were sleep able, Bathroom was up to standard. Happy with just staying there 1 night. Not a long walk from Earls court Tube station!

For the price you pay as well you can imagine staying in a HILTON HOTEL! You pay for what your are given.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
malaga
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I booked this hotel because the two most important things for me that i could walk to the olympia exhibition centre and i could park the car at the hotel i was told that the exhibiton centre was around the corner and i could park outside on my arrival there was only permit parking and the exhibition centre was almost 4Km away. not a good start. on the second night my collegue returned to her room at 11.30pm and there was a man asleep in her bed. they had booked another guest into her room her personal belongings cloths lap top etc were still in the room it she asked them to call my room to see if i was there and they told her the room telephones do not work. my collegue is spanish and female and was very shaken up she had to threaten to call the police as the receptionish was not too helpful he wanted to give her another room and told her she could get her belongings in the morning. I WISH I HAD LOOKED THIS HOTEL UP ON TRIP ADVISOR AND I WOULD DEFINETLEY NOT STAYED HERE

Room Tip: dont book this hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Angela T
Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

Myself and two friends were supposed to stay here on the 22nd September. We had originally booked a different hotel, but because our room was flooded, this hotel was recommended as an alternative. We arrived and were given a room in the basement, to get to the room we had to manoeuvre around hoovers and various bin bags in the corridor. The room itself smelt of damp and had stains on the ceiling and walls. The bed bases were ripped, the carpet had been stuck down with brown tape in various places too. Scared of what else we would find we decided we couldn't stay the night here and went straight back to reception to check out and get a refund. We were promised a refund within 5-7 working days. It is now the 24th November and I am still fighting for our £99 back! The hotel never answer their phone so I am having to go through booking.com (who have been very helpful). Fingers crossed we eventually get our money back! This hotel is appalling.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank Sleggg
London
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I went to this hotel for a few days, due to a business trip. The rooms are nice, but there is no elevator. One big disappointment: there was NO internet in the hotel (eventhough this is mentioned on the website), only in the reception area which is very small and crowded. When I told the guy behind the reception that I needed the internet for my work, he wasn't polite and helpful at all. In addition, the breakfast was very poor.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com