“A pleasant surprise - well worth a visit”
Review of The Keeper's House

The Keeper's House
Ranked #5,851 of 23,375 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: The Keeper's House restaurant prides itself on an ever changing menu of modern British food with a focus on seasonal and foraged ingredients. With plenty of exciting elements and novel combinations on the menu, The Keeper's cuisine mirrors the creativity and innovation at the heart of The Royal Academy of Arts. Adjacent to the restaurant, The Shenkman Bar offers outstanding cocktails developed by our expert bartenders. From a perfectly made martini to a classic Negroni, our experienced team are happy to mix your favourite drink and then some.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The bar opens up to a small garden, and it was delightful to sit outside with a drink on a warm summers day.
We had lunch, and the set menu is good value with nice choices.
Food quality wonderful. I had gazpacho for starter, which was skill fully presented and the combination of flavours tickled my palette nicely.
Presentation is brilliant, and my main course was a combination of interesting ingredients that worked really well.
Impressive wine list.
Service could have been a little more attentive. The place was not that busy, and the waitress kept disappearing for long times, leaving our glasses empty for too long.
Still, it was my birthday and the chef crafted Happy birthday in dark chocolate on the most wonderful rosemary and black chocolate creation. We left very happy and will definitely be back.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

After a couple of cocktails in the bar, we were seated in a fantastic space with interesting plaster works decorating the walls.
Other reviews talk about the service that for me was one of the best things, the waiting staff knew the menu were able to answer any questions we had and give great recommendations on the food and wine selection, something that I find lacking in a lot of London restaurants, so I was glad to find it here.

The food was both traditional and innovative, Snail ravioli was something I would never considered before, however I was not disappointed, the lamb was tender and fresh, it had a real spring feel to it. All finished off with bitter chocolate and caramel ice cream the small espresso martini it comes with is a nice touch.

Afterwards we headed back into the bar for a final cocktail a great way to finish off a meal.

This seems to be one of the best kept secrets in London right now. I have already planned my next trip.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Having visited the summer exhibition mum and I decided to treat ourselves to this new and stylish looking venue. Sadly only one couple were eating as we arrived but we went ahead and ordered the two course menu . The food was good especially the warm bread. But bad value for money. Very small portions and nearly £12 pounds for a pleasant glass of red wine!!!! Has potential but wY over the top for the competition upstairs which has more people more ambiance and better prices !
The waiter s were nice. But I felt sorry that they had no customers and on a Saturday lunch
Unusually ......poor show Royal Academy .

Peyton B, General Manager at The Keeper's House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Please may I extend my deepest apologies for your experience as this is not our standards.

I would like to discuss your experience with you in person and would appreciate if you email me directly your contact details in order to discuss at your convenience.

Please email me at keepershouse@peytonandbyrne.co.uk

I hope we can rebuild your trust within our brand.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 June 2014

OK. The summer exhibition is busy and one can't expect service in the eateries of the Royal Academy to be speedy. My companion and I visited the exhibition last Friday (good fun) and then decided to have lunch at the Keeper's House. We were told that there would be wait of 30 minutes and decided to have a drink at the bar. Four bar staff were very busy washing glasses and no making eye contact at customers. When the young man with attitude tried to serve someone who had just arrived although I had been waiting for 20 minutes I explained that I was next in the queue. His surly attitude and lack of apology made things worse and he served me by banging down the drinks on the counter. I won't be back.

3  Thank tomas21CS

Please email me at keepershouse@peytonandbyrne.co.uk

I hope we can rebuild your trust within our brand.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I was so cross thought it best to warn unsuspecting travellers of this overpriced and pretentious place. 2 minutes late for table. 15 mins before order taken for main course and another long 20 wait. The food although very acceptable is by no means the best London has to offer in the price range. But unforgivable was the appalling service. The foot soldiers battled with their best smiles as they delivered their cool main course of over cooked gnocchi and the only vegetable side dish of broccoli on offer. Desserts were ordered, requested three times over the next 25minutes before being delivered with a sarcastic flourish and false smile from an conceited and unprofessional manager with an air that she was doing us a favour. When asked "Do you have a problem?" She smirked a reply "No I do not have a problem, were just busy." we were not charged for service.The suggested I complain to higher management because she needed more staff and gave me an email address to act upon. Such a sad experience. although a Member of the RA I shall not return to be fed there.

1  Thank Maggie O