“Who needs the NBA? I love the London Lions!”
Review of Copper Box Arena

Copper Box Arena
Ranked #598 of 1,679 things to do in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Copper Box Arena in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park is London's newest and most exciting arena. Home to handball, modern pentathlon, fencing and goalball during the 2012 Games, the Copper Box Arena is now open to the public for events and as a state-of-the-art gym.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Before going to see the Lions I had never seen a game of basketball in the UK. I go every year to the States and in all honesty I wasn't expecting much from a game in the UK. How very wrong I was....I booked my tickets via Ticketmaster and I called the lions on the day to see if I could buy an extra ticket on the door. Staff were really helpful and friendly. When I got to the Copper Box I was amazed by the basketball arena. The fans were so passionate and the game was action packed!! Entertainment at half time was actually better than my last trip to the states.

1  Thank Mhdjfg
There are newer reviews for Copper Box Arena

Reviewed 18 December 2013

London Lions always make for a good evening/afternoon out. The announcer makes me laugh, there's a lot of athleticism on show and there's no better sport than basketball when the game is a close one. I try not to miss a game.

If I had to criticise, the speakers sound a bit ropey when they are playing music sometimes but that is about it!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I really enjoyed watching the London Lions at the Copper Box, it's a great venue for sports, so much so I go to every home game now!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I've seen two games with the lions at the box now and had an awesome time at both.
The team are playing really well with some exciting plays to watch. Both games were close with the lions hanging on to take the win.

Its a great atmosphere inside the arena but currently not amazingly attended so cheap to get top quality seats. I'd say right for anyone who likes basketball or wants to get into it. The crowd isn't hostile or aggressive like a football game can be sometimes so a great one to take young kids of nearly any age to.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We had a great time at the Copper Box Arena watching the London Lions. The atmosphere was really good and everyone was really helpful. I would recommend it for people of all ages!