Open today: 09:00 - 21:00

Book in advance
from
£7.98
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Foyles Bookshop
from £7.98
More Info
All reviews book lovers book store great bookstore multiple floors fiction rays
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Great place to head away from hustle and bustle of tot court rd ! Food home made and delicious , great range ofdrinks too . Calming music played in background , plenty of tables with power points so many there with laptops and tablets !

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed 2 February 2017

Been here every time in London since 1976. So many authors, so many books, so much to read. You can browse and always find something, but it is also a place to find books you' ve been looking for. If you get to hungry,thirsty or tired there is an ok cafe

1  Thank 138suzanner
Reviewed 31 January 2017

If you love books, it's hard to think of a more perfect place to spend a couple of hours - actually, make that a couple of days - than Foyles' flagship store on Charing Cross Road.

From the moment you cross the literary threshold, you can sense the love for books that pervades every member of staff, every floor...and most of the visitors. The store is very light and airy, just find the section you're interested in and get lost for a while.

And then take your new purchases up to the cafe on the 5th Floor and immerse yourself in a book for another few hours.

Bookish nirvana.

Reviewed 29 January 2017

The sign on the wall says: welcome book lover, you're among friends. there's really not much you can add to this statement. as an avid book lover I could spend here hours and hours. you can find on Foyles' shelves everything your heart desires. the atmosphere is great, the staff knowledgeable and helpful, and the coffee upstairs very inviting. if you look well enough you can find here and there a hidden gem, like a first edition or signed copy. I wish I could live inside this store

1  Thank aharon l
Reviewed 19 January 2017

To quote Brian Lane from the BBC series New Tricks - "it smelled of books". Foyle's is legendary, with a long list of famous customers, including the sublime Kenneth Williams. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the great man's ghost didn't creep back into Foyle's when the store is closed for the night and browse the well-stocked shelves. Whenever I visit London I always try to squeeze in a visit to Foyle's, simply because I know I'll be able to find something good to read on the train home with a minimum of fuss and bother. Ideally, I'd like to spend a whole day in there... but I don't think the staff would take too kindly to that!