Open today: 18:00 - 03:00
Book In Advance
In high demand - travellers recommend booking ahead!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from US$33.60
from US$122.40
from US$83.40
1,000 results
All reviews main act upstairs bar jazz venue sunday lunchtime jazz lovers late late show iconic venue fantastic night bucket list birthday treat stage incognito musicianship soho drummer acts performance
Reviewed 3 June 2016

I've only been a handfull of times and can only say Ronnies is the best! The music is top notch, the wine and champagne goes down almost too smooth and the overall experience is incredible. Grab seats in the middle if you can. enjoy!

Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

We visited Ronnie Scott's and saw an amazing blues band called blues explosion. I did not know what to expect but the venue is intimate and has the perfect atmosphere. You could imagine being there in years gone by when people smoked and sipped champagne and the setting still felt like you could be in that era. I absolutely loved it. It's a bit on the privy side once you are in but it was worth every penny. My husband will be fifty this year and this was our May trip as I have planned something for every month of this year as part of his birthday treat. This may treat has so far topped everything as we had such a wonderful time with our wonderful friends. J

Reviewed 31 May 2016

We went here for my husband's birthday and saw Monty Alexander's Harlem-Kingston Express. They were absolutely amazing and we were blown away by their talents, every member of the band gave 100% and we were mesmerised for the entire performance. Lovely people and we got to meet and chat with them at the end. Charming venue, very intimate and music sounded better than being in a large arena.

Afterwards, we went upstairs to the club, a different but equally fantastic experience and great to see so many talented young musicians in one place.

Will definitely be back, a must for a great evening.

Reviewed 30 May 2016

My boyfriend and I took my parents here as a surprise night out to celebrate their birthday's. They had been complaining about wanting to go out clubbing for ages and this place couldn't have been any better suited for that.

We chose to go to the Sunday session upstairs which only cost £5 entry per person and £1 for the cloakroom. They have different variations of jazz being played each Sunday and the upstairs music suited us far better than the downstairs show (which cost £25). Upstairs the music wasn't live but for £5 I didn't expect it to be.

There was plenty of seating although we were there quite early. It opens at 6, we arrived just before 8 and were just able to find somewhere to sit, for four. We ordered a few rounds (quite an expensive menu) and by the time we had finished those, the first brave souls were up on the dancefloor, including my parents! We danced, chatted, had tequila shots, danced some more until it was time to catch the last train home. Only a six minute walk from Leicester Square makes it easily accessible too.

Total mixture of ages makes this place accessible to any party and all in all its great music which makes for a great night out!

1  Thank Ilana M
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

We celebrated my friend's birthday at Upstairs Ronnie Scott's on a Friday night. This was my first experience upstairs (I've been to several gigs downstairs and expected the same level of service and food). But I should have checked the website first as only bar food was available. I had the plaice goujons and fries which were ok. We had to ask for cutlery a few times....

I felt the service could have been better on several things but this was more a reflection of individuals than the establishment itself.

The band were good and the dance floor packed.

Would I go again? Maybe on a Saturday night....

2  Thank Ambler-London2