“Don't stay here, it's DISGUSTING!!”

Earls Court Gardens Hotel
Ranked #1,026 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Leeds
“Don't stay here, it's DISGUSTING!!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Booked this hotel as it was a decent price for it's location. Arrived at 2pm and as soon as I stepped in the room I knew I had made a mistake! The room was tiny, old fashioned and damp on ceiling. The other first impression I got from the room was the stench...at first I thought maybe the smell was coming from outside but after a minute or so it was clearly something in the room. I looked around and to my disgust found a pile of vomit between tbe bed and the wall. I complained to reception who said they would have it cleaned up. Went out and returned 4 hours later and when I went back in the room and discovered it had not been cleaned. Went back down to reception and the member of stuff was beyond rude, suggesting that it was not a problem and that the cleaner probably left it because it was on carpet and couldn't be mopped up!!! She seemed oblivious to the fact I was not prepared to spend a night in the squalor. After an hour she agreed to move my room and stuck me in a 3rd floor room on top of a tube line that caused noise throughout the night, with bunkbeds and curtains that only reached part way down the window allowing opposite properties to see straight in my window. Staff were rude and unhelpful, hotel was filthy and in desperate need of repair. Would not stay here again if you paid me!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank 0-_Lady-_-Nicola_-0

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 4 July 2014

A cheap accommodation on a relatively good location. Do not expect much but if you only spent a night in the room it is not so bad as it could seem from some other reviews. The receptionist may no only little English (or so it seemed to me).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Thun, Switzerland
Reviewed 24 June 2014

A good friend and I went there together. We booked two beds in the dormitory. The service was nice and shared some insider-tips with us. We shared our room with another woman, who was nice to talk to. The location is great.
But what really bodred us were the showers. The dormitories had some showers on the same floor to share with the other rooms. We knew that, but the problem was, that most of them really smelled awful. It was terrible, they stank like piss. There was only one clean showertub. also the room wasn't really clean and in the hallway it really smelled bad.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Brentwood Bay
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My friend booked this hotel based on price and location. Those are the only 2 good things about this place. Filthy, noisy and disgusting. By a wide margin this is the most disgusting hotel I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Flee! There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank 19Marcus77
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 23 June 2014

After reading some reviews I was scared to go in this "hotel", but it wasn't as awful. Sure the room was noisy because of the tube and not really clean but for the price which is really really cheap for london it was ok! The bathroom was small but clean !

Room Tip: bring some flip flop and ears plug
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

1 Thank Boubou b
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Made a credit card guaranteed booking on hotels.com. On arrival hotel said no room available even though had proof of booking. Hotels.com phoned hotel, couldn't do anything. Hotels.com could only offer a similar alternative hotel at £1000, when this hotel had been £177 for 3 nights. This hotel cannot be trusted even with a guaranteed booking. Avoid.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank JEdm700
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This hotel, if you could call it that is disgusting.
We stayed here for a bit over a week before being driven out. The train lines are a pain but you get used to it. We were in the basement, and there seemed to be about 3 people living in the room next to us. They were pleasant enough saying hello when we arrived and bumped into them it was what happened in the rest of our stay was what made us leave.
We had initially booked 3 weeks here, we were desperate and had failed to read the reviews on Trip Advisor, a big mistake that we will never make again.
It was coming to the end of our first week when some people had booked the room in the front of the basement, my fiancé and I went out during the day, came back and everything seemed fine, then the next morning after a noisy night (from the other people living and staying there) we went into the bathroom, and to our shock horror the bath had been plugged shut with toilet paper, there was water all over the room, there were used needles and a burnt spoon on the basin.
It was after this that we immediately packed our bags and went to reception to cancel the rest of our stay. At this point we had no where else to go but we didn't care, we just wanted out.
My fiancé went to reception while I hastily packed our bags and asked to cancel our stay and asked for a refund only to be told that they could not refund us back in cash (which is how we paid for the room) and they could only refund it back to a credit card. My fiancé explained that we did not have a credit card, only a debit card but that bank account had been closed. This might sound all a bit strange but we had previously been living in London and this was the end of our stay in the city before travelling around Europe, hence the bank account being closed.
My fiancé came back down to collect our bags and explained to me what had happened so I went up to reception and left him packing the rest of our things, I explained our situation and what we found downstairs and the response we got was 'that's none of my concern', eventually we got our cash back although they penalised us a day for late cancelation, fair enough.
I wouldn't stay here ever again, nor would I recommend it to anyone.
The UK should have tougher rules for hotels as this place should be closed down!

Room Tip: Do yourself a favour and do not stay here
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple