Garden View Hotel
US$217
US$188
galahotels.com
1,065 results
All reviewsearl's courttoast with butterrice krispiesquiet squaredistrict linetriple roomunderground stationheathrow airportbeds were comfortablefew minutes walkpubsolympiazonekettlekensingtonconveniencetesco
Reviewed 7 September 2013

For the price ($100 single), this is a great find. It's a bit of a maze inside because it consists of two joined up buildings, but that adds character to the place. My room was small but adequate and comfortable. The building is well maintained and very clean. I had a delightful "Garden View," and the area is extremely quiet all day and all night. Earls Court Road is a few minutes' walk away, with convenient transport links to and from Heathrow as well as all over London, and lots of good places to eat, pubs, supermarkets, etc. In-room wifi was excellent. Breakfast was healthy and tasty. Service was understated but friendly and efficient. I have only two minor gripes. In very hot weather (30ºC when I arrived), the lack of air-conditioning and even fans makes the entire hotel very uncomfortable. The other was the uncomfortably soft bed, which gave me the impression I was bouncing up to the ceiling and back down again every time I shifted in bed. Other than that, I recommend the hotel for budget-conscious travelers.

Room Tip: Be prepared to find yourself in a small room, so pack light.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I would give this hotel four stars because of its location, and the friendly front-desk staff who looked after us, but:

The biggest complaint I have about it is that there is no ramp or elevator (in fairness, these are old buildings, and I am not sure they could even fit them in) for wheelchair, or buggy access, so every time we went out, we had to drag my child's pram up and down the stairs.

Yes, the rooms are small, and the sense of decor is non-existent. The bathroom is very small (like a closet), and the smells came out into the main room because the extractor isn't up to the task (so don't share a room with someone you are not entirely at ease with! ;) ).
The shower drain seemed to be in danger of overflowing, so we cut our showers short.

On the plus side, the room was clean enough, and even though it was small, it was suitable to share between two adults (my mother and I), and my child (even though he didn't have much space to play in - other than the bed; he was two). We also had a nice view into a small garden at the back.
The telly worked fine, and we had free wi-fi, which saved me couple of euro on calls!

The hotel was a bit hard to find around Nevern Square, because we initially took a wrong turn looking for it, and there are many other little hotels in the area - but this was our fault.

I am giving this hotel three-stars merely because I don't want to deceive other visitors; you get what you pay for! The hotel was cheap and cheerful, and if you are not too fussy, don't mind the small rooms, and are planning to spend most of your time outside anyway, then this is the place for you!
The underground station is very close, as well as Earls Court, and there are plenty of eateries and pubs close by, with a wide range of cuisines.

I would stay again, with another adult, but now that my child is older, he would need more space... So, recommended for young travellers and couples..
We stayed here in September 2012.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the garden at back
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This hotel was really good. I see a number of people complain about various things - but it is not supposed to be a 4 or 5 star hotel. Yes, the rooms are small, and there is only a choice of toast or cereal for breakfast, but it's adequate. For the *price* in London, it is hard to find better. I found the hotel comfortable. It's location is excellent, it has free wifi, a simple breakfast, friendly and efficient staff, and it our room was quiet. I would have given it a "5" rating - our only small problem was that the wifi sometimes didn't work, and we had to go to the front desk to ask them to reset it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Friendly staff and excellent location to Earls Court and Olympia. Rooms are small. The bathroom had no air and the shower was almost useless. Breakfast was very poor and badly run. For the price and the location it was just what we needed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2013

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!

Literally steps from Earl's Court tube station. On three major underground lines!

Wonderful location for site seeing. You pass a grocer on your way home from the tube.

It is not fancy, but was immaculate. The staff were very friendly & helpful.

I would use them again.

Room Tip: the double beds are tiny, go for two twins
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family