“Convenient and sufficient for our needs”
Review of Garden View Hotel

Garden View Hotel
Ranked #579 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a week as a 3 person family. It was purchased as part of a package on Expedia and we were trying to save money vs. spending money on a fancy hotel with ammendities. Every staff member was friendly. The breakfast was simple but adequate. I would have appreciated a meat option, but saving money on breakfast was important as the rest of our meals in London came to $35 - $80 a piece. Ouch. The hotel did not have air conditioning in our room but the windows were capable of providing us cool air.

I would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Rick M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,039)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed in the hotel for one night in May 2014. The room was quite small with the bed taking up most of the space. However, given the set up was fine for one night. I think I might have found it claustrophobic had I stayed longer. The hotel did offer all the basic amenities one associates with a good in-room service, such as tea/coffee, toiletries, clean towels, hot shower, a television, etc. The staff at the reception desk were very helpful and cheery. The reason I haven't graded the hotel any higher than 'Average' is because the massive disappointment with the breakfast, which was the worst breakfast I have ever had during my stays at a hotel. The hotel served a choice of tea or coffee, white or brown toast, strawberry jam and butter in sachets, orange juice, and cereal and hot milk... fare that one would expect from a home-run service, not a hotel. A really big disappointment.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank encarva
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I had read reviews on this place before booking but didn't realise just how small the room would be. Whilst it's in a great location, so close to Earls Court tube and Earls Court High Rd with all the shops, the room was tiny. It fit a double bed with only a small amount of room at the end, so small that my suitcase had to sit in front of the door because it was the only space it would fit. As I was only staying one night I could put up with it, any longer and I would have been searching for somewhere else to stay.
The only other negative was the heating, it was like a sauna throughout the whole hotel. It wasn't cold outside so I'm not sure why they felt the need to keep the heat so high.
On the positive side, it was clean and tidy and the room had everything you would need, for a basic hotel stay.
Breakfast was pretty standard, cereal & toast, nothing special, but enough to fill you up.
The wifi was pretty hit and miss in my room, not sure about the rest of the hotel.
There is lift access to the floors, but as my room was in-between floors I had to carry my suitcases down a flight of stairs to get to it.
As for value for money, anywhere else in the world and I'd say no way, but it's London so what can you expect.

Room Tip: Don't ask for a single, or get a room in between floors.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Pato2777
Reviewed 24 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank pdinalis
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We picked up a great bargain - taking into consideration price & location.

It's not a five star and doesn't claim to be but it was pretty clean, staff were really friendly and area was safe.

You can also grab a bite to eat for free in the morning which is also an added bonus.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tomorrow's J
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Hotel is in a convenient location, couple of minutes' walk from the Earl's Court tube. Our twin room was small, but clean and the bed was comfortable. We had coffee/tea making facilities in the room which was handy. The breakfast was basic: toast, jams, cornflakes, juice, coffee and tea. Considering the London hotel prices I'd say this is good value for money.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarinaBC
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We came with a baby. Rooms are very small - we had the biggest size. Our stroller did not fit in the room unless we folded it totally. Beds are not for tall people. Breakfast was poor as well. Toast, muesli, milk, orange juice, nescafe and jam or honey. Elevator got stock with mother and baby inside. There were no excuses, only disapproving about us getting in the lift with our stroller. We checked out one day more early than planned. Location is perfect, close to tube station (5 min) and even more close to busses (2 min). cleaning was good. Reception was available for 24 hours. Received a free adapter for one night to charge mobiles; that was friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family